Monday, January 14, 2008

Let there be Life!

The baby has finally made his presence known of his own fruition. Sean and I took his sister and her friend (visiting us for the weekend for a Bio study session), out to dinner on Saturday night to our favorite J.H. restaurant Pio Pio. For those who don't know it is a Argentinian restaurant with a lot of character and great food, not to mention lively Spanish music. While we were waiting for our table I had pulled up a chair and sat down. All of a sudden I started feeling something strange in my abdomen, which I at first thought was gas but it was in a strange place and kept repeating itself. I mentioned it to Sean who was standing a few feet away and he also figured it was just gas. After four or five 'pokes' I decided that it definitely was not gas, and made Sean feel it. The little munchkin feels like a vibrating pager going off in my stomach. Very cool, and surprisingly persistent. It went on for about 20-30 mins, long enough for everyone to feel it and for us to be entertained until we got a table. I haven't felt anything since. I was hoping to have another round in a more quiet atmosphere where I could concentrate on it but I'm pretty convinced it was the atmosphere that probably made him want to move.

That same night I had a dream that the baby told me she was a girl. While noteworthy, I'm not putting a lot of stock in this since I also had a dream about my cousin not feeling well so we turned her into a pig and put her in the oven! Furthermore, I quite often dream about dropping babies on their heads. Pregnancy hormones are so much fun!

By the way: We did try the carrot apple broccoli juice and I was quite surprised by how little broccoli you need to change the flavor of the juice. Not bad, but you could pick up on it a little, it gave the juice a 'green' flavor. Still completely drinkable.

2 comments:

Kristeen said...

2 things:

1. Holding back another gag as I think about the broccoli.

2. I thought you were going to say you got sick on Pio Pio and I was going to very upset. You can't scratch Sea AND Pio Pio off the menu for February, you just can't!!

Anonymous said...

Of course our grandchild would first move to music...it's in his or her soul! Isn't the feeling great! There just isn't anything like it! xo