Thursday, February 28, 2008

Play yards, bouncer chairs and stationary entertainers.

I've been starting to put my registry together and I've been researching these three product categories. I've found people who say they have such and such a product and like it, but I can't really find anything telling me what types of features are useful and stimulating vs. unsafe or superfluous. Is this the kind of product you buy because its pretty and besides general appearance they are all the same, or are there features that make one stand out from the rest? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

3 comments:

Andrea (Mom to the B's) said...

Just two things, you can wait on the high chair you don't really need it until months after the baby is born, and they are so big! Our play yard had a changing table right on it! I loved it. We never had to buy a changing table( we set it up in our room). It also had the bassinet attachment so that was great. Although it became a storage area for blankets and clothes (all three ended up sleeping with me, just made breastfeeding and sleeping so much easier for me) it still was a great feature. Keep the tags on any clothes you buy. I ended up taking stuff back for a variety of reasons; wrong season, doesn't fit or even doesn't fit his personality!
I think that was more than two. Just food for thought, what works for one might not work for another!!!!

Kristy said...

I didn't compare - just took what was given to me because: a) no time b) no money. I wouldn't stress out about it they don't have anything else to compare it to.

AbbeM said...

I read all of the user reviews people had posted online, and they turned out to be really helpful. There were a couple of products I would've bought/registered for that EVERYONE who had bought hated. I also asked friends. I agree in terms of the high chair; they've not necessary for a while. We love our Graco pack n play - get one with an attached changing table, as they're really useful. My aunt bought us a Fisher Price swing that converts to an infant seat and later on a toddler rocking chair, so it's good for many years. Definitely agree about leaving tags on the clothes - Natalie outgrew some things before she wore them, or someone gave us long sleeves in a size she'll only wear in the summer. Exchanging things is great, and ok to do!