Monday, March 24, 2008

Cool trick to remove ink from furniture.

This post is a little off theme but I'm so impressed I had to share.
While sitting on the couch I accidentally wrote on the seat with red pen. I thought for sure I ruined it since I wrote on the matching chair with a black pen about 6 months ago and couldn't get that ink stain out. I did a quick Internet search and since I don't own hairspray I tried rubbing alcohol on an q-tip. Much to my surprise the ink just lifted off like magic. It worked so well I tried it on the old stain and if greatly reduced the appearance of the black ink too!!
I think the moral of the story is I shouldn't be allowed to use pens while seated on the furniture but its nice to know how to fix it if I do! I'm a disaster.

4 comments:

Andrea (Mom to the B's) said...

hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip gets blood stains out, my kids get bloody nose quite often and it is the magic tool to get it out(carpets,blankets,pillowcases) I thought it kind of went with the pen and rubbing alcohol thing. All good to know! Now that you have a solution I think you should be allowed on the couch with pens!

Kristy said...

I think Andrea needs to stop slapping her kids across the face when they are just trying to be relaxed on the couch! :) Otis likes to eat Q-tips regardless of what is on them. Yuck!

Kristy said...

I think you should also include NERD in your header.

Andrea (Mom to the B's) said...

Whatever work to keep 'em in line!