Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Everyone is a critic ;-)

I've gotten some feedback (through Sean) from the folks over at MSKCC. Apparently they would appreciate it if I wore the same shirt every time we took a picture. Well, I wont. I don't need people thinking we can't afford to buy me clothes and I keep wearing the same outfit everyday. The other request is that I put up pictures of me facing forward. Uh ok.. I suppose I can twist Sean's arm into taking a couple of frontal views. I just always prefer to see side shots of pregnant women so you can actually see the belly. I guess I can't blame people for wanting to get a better view of what I look like heavier! ;-) A few people at school have told me I still look the same from the back, my response to this is that they don't have a very good memory! My butt is twice the size it used to be and frankly I'm loving the extra padding.. it doesn't hurt my sit bones to sit on hard chairs anymore! I will try to take some front and back shots tonight. H&M was having a sale so I got a new shirt and I'm wearing it today so that makes more amenable to taking pictures. Its amazing what new clothes do for my psyche, now if I could just find a GOOD stylist to cut my hair I would be all set!

If you have suggestions about what you would like to see in my blog, feel free to tell me. You can even leave a comment instead of just complaining to my husband! =) Although that works too.

8 comments:

Tiffiny said...

Well...since you asked...LOL...I would like to read more about how you are feeling physically. As a non-mom, this is what I'm most curious about. That, and I LOVE reading about you feeling the baby move. OH! And baby names!! The rest of us should start giving you suggestions and you could post your favorites and then we could all vote (as if we have any say in the name of your baby!) But, it would still be fun. :o) BTW, reading your blogs are always a fun part of my day so I just want to take a moment to say thank you for taking the time to share.

Kristeen said...

Haha, "sit bones." It makes laugh to think that its unthinkable for you to refer to your tailbone as anything other than "coccyx," but that you refer to that set of bones collectively in such intellectual terms as "sit bones." I'm starting to think you just like to talk about your coccyx to see the look on peoples' faces who don't know the term. You devilish girl. ;)

Becky said...

The lady on my yoga tape calls them sit bones. I thought it was discriptive and if I said my ischial tuberosity would you know what I was talking about? I hope you had to look up the spellling of coccyx! I have one letter for you Kristeen. L!

I'm cracking UP! just so you know.

Kristeen said...

Okay, first of all, no I did not have to look up the spelling of Coccyx, you snot. I may not be up to your level of anatomical vocabulary (you're a nerd, by the way) but I WILL always be a better speller than you. Oh, and by the way... I don't know exactly what a bonobo is, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as an ape. Or a monkey. They're all the same thing. :) And now I'm laughing too!

Kristy said...

Kristeen! Don't get her going about the ape/monkey thing again! All I know is my sister is a big fatty! Just think about all those forks she could be sitting on and not even realize it. He he he! The fork thing never gets old!

Becky said...

You guys are the best!

Jen C said...

I'm still waiting to see the front view pics!

Elaine and Brandon said...

I understand your point about wearing the same clothes, but I too side (in part) with others about seeing you in the same clothes would allow us to perhaps better understand the changes. I never would think you were poor and could not afford clothes, but I do totally see your point. I also think that if I ever get pregnant then I may too not want to only look back years later of me wearing the same shirt.

I enjoy reading your blogs because it adds interesting information that I am not familiar with since I am not expecting or have kids. I enjoy your topics but if I come up with anything I will ask you.