Monday, April 7, 2008

26 week baby bump

Here I am 26 weeks pregnant, and wearing new clothes. The top is h&m mama ($7.90) and the bottoms are motherhood maternity ($19.99). I was wearing a different top but the stripes did funny things to the camera so I changed. The bump is definitely getting a lot of attention lately, although I get equal parts of "you aren't making it to July" and "you're not very big for 6mos.".

My boss today expressed some concern over what happens if I go into labor in the lab. So I put a quick list together with all the phone numbers, addresses and information that could be needed, but I'm really really hoping that doesn't happen. I don't know where a good place is to break water but I feel like the lab would be a little embarrassing, especially if someone has to clean up after me! Although as it turns out one of the undergrads is an EMT, but honestly, no thanks!

5 comments:

Elaine and Brandon said...

My friend is a kindergarten teacher and her worst fear was her water breaking in front of the kids. She said she would be mortified and did not want to scare the kids. In your situation, I understand not wanting any "personal assistance" in any private areas from students or co-workers.....

Kristeen said...

Two very brief comments:

1. Don't take this the wrong way, but your arms have meat on them! I'm not as afraid of your elbows as I have been in the past :)

2. It's freaking me out that your widget is in double digits. I'm not ready!

Becky said...

are you kidding?!? I love my new arms!! Now once the baby comes and I get some weight training I'll look normal.

I'm not ready either.. actually I'm ready to be done being pregnant but not ready to be a mom.

Andrea (Mom to the B's) said...

Don't know if this will help, but 3 babies and my water never broke without doctor's help!

schwachmama said...

Someone in my lab had her water break in the lab...she ended up cleaning most of it but the the janitor cleaned the rest.