Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lovin' this book

I purchased Growing Up Green: Baby and Child Care: Volume 2 in the Bestselling Green This! Series (Green This!) by Deirdre Imus as I told you last week. It arrived at my front door this morning as I was leaving for work so I read the first 25ish pages on my way to work. If you are considering making changes to 'detox' your life in preparation for a baby or because you have children, you should seriously buy this book. Her opening letter to parents says everything I've been trying to say only its actually well written and poignant and has more facts to back up the claims that its because of all the crap we are eating, breathing and living in that our childhood diseases are on the rise. Like everything I've been saying, the point isn't to scare you it is to educate you. You can't fix something you don't realize is broken. This book covers pre-pregnancy to college and I can see myself looking back at it for years to come. It even covers the ever popular vaccine issue, I'm interested to hear her take on it since its a hot topic right now. Anyway, as of this moment, 25 pgs in I am seriously impressed and I think this is a must have for anyone trying to make the switch to a healthier life and home environment. So go buy it.

No comments: