Monday, May 12, 2008

My 1st Mother's Day.

Since this was my first Mothers Day as a Mom-to-be, I wasn't really expecting much but I was hoping Sean would at least remember to get a card. He did so much more than that, I actually got gifts! One from him and one from baby! Ever since our birthing class I have been talking about getting a birthing ball, and Sean has constantly poo-pooed the idea because he didn't want another thing in the house that I would loose interest in. Well he got me one! I've heard they are also great for after the baby because the bouncing motion is very familiar and calming. The best part right now, is that while getting up and down from sitting on the ball I get a lot less tailbone pain than I do when getting up and down from sitting in a chair. That was my gift from him, my gift from baby was a Ped-egg! I say I want one every time I see the info-murcial but I didn't really expect to get one. You can find them in stores now so I guess Sean remembered! He is so great.

Honestly, the best part of all was the card I got from the baby! Obviously Sean wrote it (left handed to make it look child-sloppy) but it just chokes me up every time I look at it. It says cute things like thanks for holding me and feeding me and taking good care of me. Baby also says he is sorry for making my feet hurt and hopes his gift helps. (Are you crying because I'm crying!?) As a bonus (which Sean probably didn't do intentionally but gets major bonus points for) he wrote the card on stationary left over from my sisters bridal shower favor. This stationary was a joint effort by my grandmother (and possibly some things left over from her mother and/or grandmother) and I to tat some cute patterns to put onto stationary cards. Kristy then added (with help from Aunt Sue and Mom) a very pretty fabric liner to the envelope. Anyway, my point is that the stationary has some family significance so it's really a sweet thing. Makes me cry all over again just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Elaine and Brandon said...

What a nice husband you have. That sure does sound like a wonderful Mother's Day.

Crystal said...

Hi Becky- I'm so glad you had a nice Mother's Day, I am very impressed with Sean's thoughtfulness, and I definitely teared up while reading your blog. It's almost time!!