Sunday, June 1, 2008

Here kitty kitty...

People have been asking me how I think the cats will deal with the arrival of a new baby. Honestly, I don't know!! Lukas came to visit for a few days over thanksgiving last year and the cats were totally uninterested so I imagine that's how they will react to our baby too. However, I'm a little nervous about Sadie. She is really 'my' cat, where Griffin seems to gravitate more toward Sean. Occasionally, if I'm giving Griffin more attention than her she will get jealous and bite him (on the butt to be exact). She has never been aggressive toward people in the least but I just don't know if she'll view the baby as a person or as a competitor for my attention. Generally, Siamese cats are known to be very good with children so it should be fine, but I'll just have to wait and see. Lately Saidie has been more needy than normal, and while in the past she has avoided sitting on my belly and has gravitated more toward my legs or my chest/neck. Lately, she has begun to sit on the belly a lot more. I got a video of her and the baby having a bit of a test of wills. All the movement by Sadie was caused by some strong kicks from the baby. She eventually gave in and moved.


And here is a picture of Sadie getting comfortable on the baby's bedding. I took the quilt out of the bag to show Sean's mom and didn't put it away right away. Look who I found snuggling with it! This is your first peak at the baby's room... it isn't quite ready for its photo shoot yet, but after Sean's exam on Monday we are going to get crackin and finish up this room.

3 comments:

Kristeen said...

From what I can see of it, I'm loving that quilt!! Very cute with the monkey, too.

Elaine and Brandon said...

I love the cat video...I cannot wait to get a real sneak peek of the room this coming weekend. Perhaps I will sell the photos to the paparazzi!!! I cannot wait to see you and Sean.

Kristy said...

Good Luck Sean!