Friday, June 13, 2008

Winding down...

For the most part, I haven't found pregnancy to be the most joyous experience of my life. I've convinced myself that there is nothing wrong with that but at the same time given myself an excuse to complain, complain, complain. Last night, as I attempted to find a comfortable position to lay in and I was thinking.. "its almost over" I realized in my downtrodden state I haven't let myself really appreciate being pregnant. I've been treating it as a means to an end and not fully appreciating it for what it is in itself. This is a gift, and it is something less than half the population is even able to do so I should take the time to appreciate it. So regardless of the swelling, and the terrible sleeping, and the general uncomfortableness of it, I'm going to try to spend these last 4ish weeks appreciating my pregnancy and trying to see the beauty in it. I think I'm only able to do this now because it actually seems like its going to end, I've stopped feeling like I will be pregnant 'forever'. 40 weeks is a long time, 4- not so much.

4 comments:

Elaine and Brandon said...

I imagine that it is easier from the outside to want you to enjoy something because it is so precious and fleeting. I think that in someways, it is like a lot of things that we have gone through. I look back upon things that were finite and wish I could have enjoyed it more and not taken it for granted, but I think your "complaints" as you say, seem so typical and not complaints, but rather truths. When I saw you, I saw the twinkle in your eyes and the appreciation you had for such a wonderful gift you have been given.

Anonymous said...

We can't always appreciate the "joy" without understanding and learning from the discomfort. A rose and their thorns....Most of our profound moments of true growth come from working through pain.
Make the most of your remaining weeks of being "one" And before you know it...you will be "three"..A family ~ xo Mom

Michelle :) said...

aw Mrs. Jones... you made me cry :')

AbbeM said...

Becky, I have to say to treasure it. There is *nothing* like feeling your child moving inside of you. As amazing and wonderful being with your child is, there's a slight loss when he/she is no longer a part of you. I sincerely recommend enjoying these last few weeks, and the last times you'll be able to enjoy the "littlest Berry" in this way. Although, by the last week, you are welcome to complain - NO ONE likes being 39-40 weeks pregnant. :)