Wednesday, July 9, 2008

39 Week Check Up

Well today was another eventful visit. Everything is still normal (blood pressure, measurement, baby's heart rate), I gained another 2 lbs bringing the grand total to 57lbs up. I'm still only 2 cm dilated so all the contractions I'm having a just for show and aren't actually accomplishing anything (bummer!). Dr. Gade offered to actually induce me tomorrow if I wanted, and while I admit I considered it for a moment, we all eventually decided I wasn't ready (mentally) for that and we will wait and see what happens. While I wouldn't fault any woman at 39 weeks for going ahead and getting it over with, the increased chance of needing an epidural as well as a c-section due to the unnatural progression of labor are enough for me to take my chances with the real thing. That being said, if I still haven't gone naturally by next Wednesday they will induce me then and I won't hesitate to go along with it. So at the most I have another week left, and I can handle that, although I would really like to get this moving (on its own) by the weekend if at all possible. So we are really in the 'any day now or else' part of the game. Sean thinks the baby is just going to take after us and be punctual, coming exactly on time, not early or late. We'll see.

In other news, I think Grayson is officially OFF the list of names and has been temporarily replaced by Aaron, although it is at this point, very much a 3rd choice in the event the first two just don't work with his little face at all.

5 comments:

Andrea (Mom to the B's) said...

first things, Breelyn was hoping for Grayson. She's never gone to school with a grayson and that how we look at names!
Second, good reason for not being induced. Although I didn't do an epidural with the two inducings,(if that's a word) they were more intense births and natural is so much nicer. I was induced on my due date with Braden and 4 days after my due date with Bree, so good to let your body do it! Hang in there you have the light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!! The 15th is a great day to be born!(it's my day)!

Anonymous said...

try sex . . .

Michelle :) said...

ooh - I like Aaron! I agree with you about waiting to be induced. Hopefully it won't be necessary. Are you going to get the epidural, or are you going to go med-free?

Elaine and Brandon said...

I know I heard a lot about your baby pool with weight. Did anyone guess 60 lbs or close to it? Just curious. I am glad to hear that you and the baby are doing well. I had a premonition this week that Grayson (sp??) was the name. Guess I shouldn't go into the psychic field.

Anonymous said...

This comment is for "Elaine"...our highest weight guess was Kristy at 48 lbs. So it looks like no one "wins" the pool! But it was fun..
And "who" told my baby girl to try sex...? I believe that's how we got started!! :) Grandma Jo