Sunday, July 27, 2008

New Feature

As a new feature of the blog I am going to start a series called "Things no one told me" I have learned quite a few new things over the last week that I really wish I had been told about before they happened, some of which border on 'too much information' but since I wish someone had told me, I'll go ahead and be the one to open these topics up for conversation. Should be interesting...

In other news, according to the scale in the pediatricians exam room I lost 30lbs in a week (it doesn't seem possible but I had Sean check it to make sure). HA! Take that crazy doctors who scolded me about my weight gain. (There is a chance, of course, the calibration of this scale is off considering it is used to weigh small children, but it has to be close right?!) I still have quite the 'baby pouch' but hopefully in a few more weeks that will be under control. I still can't fit into my wedding ring or most of my old shoes, I'm not giving up yet but there is a chance those changes might be permanent. I am back to having chicken legs... bummer!


8 comments:

Elaine and Brandon said...

If your butt goes away, you can still be a member of the bootylicious club because at least for a short time, you had a back end. Wow, what is your secret for 30 lbs of weightloss in 1 week, I need to get on that plan...however if I first have to gain 60 lbs..then perhaps I may have to think twice!!!!!!!! Is there a section where we can ask personal questions and have you answer them (as long as you feel open about it) in terms of "things we wish we knew"?

Anonymous said...

I have the same questions Elaine has. I do have one more though. How come I wasn't told about the bootyicious club? Where's the section or link to the TMI club? Anyhoo, you look great Becky!

Sarah

Kristeen said...

I think this is a fantastic idea. And I wouldn't worry a bit about it being TMI. Odds are, your readers are either moms who will be entirely sympathetic to your topics, or future-moms who'll appreciate the heads-up. And, I'd just like to second Elaine in her movement to grant you honorary membership into the bootylicious club. You may not usually have a booty to speak of, but you sure can shake whatcha got! Break it down!

Kristy said...

You better not loose that butt b@#$%!

In other news: things no one told me - baby bib velcro is not nice in the wash.

Erin said...

I'll start you off, Beck. What I wish someone had told me? You actually CAN get a blood blister on your nipple from too much suction. And yes, it does bleed. Gross! Or, how about this one -- the post-delivery disposable underwear the hospital gives you is hot -- and huge -- but it has to be to handle the industrial size maxi-pad! :)

schwachmama said...

okay...so i know that this has nothing to do with your current post but i know its something you are interested in...Congress reached an agreement on the ban of phthalates in toys and other children’s products!

Elaine and Brandon said...

One of the things I wonder about came from your MySpace page when you had that ticking baby thing and it said something about hemorrhoids. I know that to most people is TMI, but I am wondering about them. I am also wondering about the bleeding after you have the baby, how long you have to wear a pad? Do you "leak" milk during the day? Maybe you should set up lectures and pay admission, I am sure tons of people would come.

Elaine and Brandon said...

I am also interested in breast feeding. I totally believe in it and know that it is great for the baby, but the idea of it is quite awkward for me. I do not find it to seem enjoyable. I was wondering if you could share about it. I am unsure if I would just always pump and feed via bottle or if breast feeding is not as awkward as I imagine it to be.