Monday, July 7, 2008

Prego- its STILL in there!

We finally had to get out of the house this weekend and lucidly people were having tons of holiday weekend bbq's so we went to Sean's co-workers parents house on Saturday night and and old high school friend of Sean's had a bbq on Sunday. I'm still having contractions but they are occurring only once or twice an hour. Sean has been saying the baby would be born on 7/9/08 for a while yet, and I'm thinking it won't be until at least Thursday 7/10/08 so the red alert is off for now. Nothing is happening anytime soon.

Oh and thanks for the advice guys, but I'm getting the impression that if the baby isn't ready, nothing will speed it up because nothing is working. I haven't tried drinking Castor oil yet, but honestly it just doesn't sound like a good time to me so I'll pass on that trick.

People keep asking me if I'm nervous and mostly they are referring to delivering the baby. The answer is no, I'm not nervous about having the baby, but I am nervous about actually having (as in bringing it home) a baby. The labor part I have instructions and coaches, nurses and doctors all ready to assist! Once we get the baby home we are on our own for the majority of the time.

3 comments:

Elaine and Brandon said...

I am glad to hear that you were able to go out and enjoy your weekend to in some ways pass the time away as easily as you can. I am sure you are more than ready and like you said, he will let you know when he is ready to come out. Are you staying in the house while Sean is at work so that you are not out and about in the city alone?

Kristeen said...

I woke up this morning and had absolutely NO appetite. I still don't, which is so odd that I figured the cosmos must have shifted, or some greater force must be at play, and therefore today you would give birth today. But still no baby! Maybe I'm just getting sick. :)

erica said...

Becky: Hang in there!
Baby: Get out of there!
PS I got a Sigg for my B'day