Monday, October 20, 2008

Random Colin Info.

Two quick things:
1.) Things aren't really getting any better with the whole sleeping thing... It seems like we get one good night followed by two bad nights...I'll let you know if and when this improves but for now.. no news is bad news! =/ I'm thinking I might have to get his napping schedule at little more solidified, but is he too young for this yet??

2) Why can't baby clothing be sized a little more consistently?!? Colin is now three months old and 15+lbs but is in three different sizes?!? (o-3, 3-6, and a few 6-9) What is the deal? I have to keep going through all the different sizes to check and see if some of the bigger labeled clothes are small enough to wear now so I don't accidentally 'miss' them. How annoying!

Lastly, for those who have seen us in the first three months, we have finally stopped using 'the book' as of Saturday (sort of because he is three months old and its time, sort of because there were only two pages left).. Not sure how I feel about it yet, a little freer but I little 'blind' at the same time... (The book refers to the notebook I used to document all feedings, sleeping and diaper changes...)

I guess that was three things.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Jo loves this picture of our little pumpkin! Sleeping well or not...he looks no worse for it! Keep up the good work "Mom and Dad" he looks pretty darn happy to all of us! xo

Sarah B. said...

I love the picture! He looks so happy....

Brandon said...

I admit at first I was paranoid about using the notebook when I had to add entries b/c I had to remember a lot at once as I am not good at multi-tasking while holding someone's infant..so my numbers may have been not as exact (I didn't lie..but guesstimated)...but then I saw how useful it was to try to live life and do what you need to do but then also live his life for him to know when he needed to be changed etc....I say get another notebook but don't feel obligated to it.

Amy said...

ahhh... the notebook... :) write a paper on you findings! hehe :) seriously though, if you feel safer still using one, get another and write away. and i LOVE the pic.

mommymac4 said...

Ah, to be a new mom again. Lose the notebook, he needs to eat when he needs to eat, even if it hasn't been 2 or 3 hours! He is still too young for a set schedule, but you could start to be consistent with how you prep him for a nap (probably 3 a day), and start to put him down while he's still awake so that he doesn't need you to fall asleep when he does sleep at night. I've got nothing on the clothes sizing, but I agree. Just pack the sizes that you find to fit him together so that it's easier for the next kid ;)