Friday, November 21, 2008

Eating "solids"!


While I would hardly call the consistency of the baby cereal we gave Colin 'solid' he has technically started solid food! At our doctors appointment on Wednesday we got the go ahead to try baby cereal. I have to say I think he would have been ready a month ago..there was virtually no tongue thrust reflex that infants are supposed to have. He practically slurped the cereal off the spoon. We didn't get any cute cereal all over the face pictures because he kept inadvertently wiping his face while trying to chew on his bib! This picture was one of the last few spoonfuls, see no mess... So far, no improvements in sleeping but I didn't really expect it to be a magic bullet.. Besides it is so thin at this stage there isn't much 'extra' food there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you try the cereal? I sometimes wonder how awful it tastes... I am sure there will be plenty of messy faced pictures, especially once he has spaghetti!!! Glad to hear he liked his cereal. -Elaine

Becky said...

actually i did try it... it remided me off the mixes for easy bake ovens..

Erin said...

Wait until you try sweet potato or prunes -- those are both face AND cloth stainers! Get out the OxyClean!

Kristy said...

whose scary hand is that?

Becky said...

that would be Sean's hand...it's not scary!