Saturday, November 8, 2008

My husband is my hero!

After taking a break from poster prep to go grocery shopping, I came back to find my laptop had shut itself down. I was mostly just annoyed because I would have to find and re-open the 5-10 files I needed to work on my poster. Annoyance quickly turned to panic when I realized I had apparently never saved the current versions of those files. I learned the hard way excel does not auto-recover by default. Sean pulled a rabbit out of a hat and found cryptic auto-saved temp files and was able to recover everything. I thought I had lost 6+ hours of work. My husband is seriously my hero.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon is my computer hero. I call him from work with computer questions because he is much faster than our tech guy. I am glad Sean was able to help you!-Elaine

Erica said...

Yay Sean!

Brian said...

I would love to pretend that I am not impressed with this whole venture, but after seeing the words “cryptic auto-saved temp files”, I am speechless. Great job Sean, and Becky, more posts with nerd words like this and you have a reader for life! - Brian Cool

Anonymous said...

Bec...your Mother when designing invitations would every 15 minutes save...save save...some things in life are waaay too difficult to duplicate. I wish I had a Sean!! xo Mom :)