Monday, November 24, 2008

Spoke too soon! Teething IS bothering him.


Woa nelly! I have one unhappy baby on my hands! Poor guy is clearly in some pain from his little tooth. It is just barely visible now and Colin is not happy about it. Sean and I have been practically standing on our heads to keep him distracted. Chewing on teething toys seems to irritate him more than relieve him, although if they are frozen they seem to help a little.. (but they obviously don't stay frozen long! Even his pacifier seems to irritate him, he will take it for a second and then spit it out making the most adorably pathetic face. Tylenol seems to take the edge off but it wears off long before the 4 hour indication, and I hesitate to just keep him on it continuously. Sleeping is even worse than before... HA I used to complain when he was up every 90 mins! Last night he was up probably 15 times between 10pm. and 1am he wasn't too hard to get back to sleep but sheesh I'm wiped OUT! I took the bullet last night because Sean is taking his thesis proposal exam today and I wanted him to be well rested. This was one thing I didn't want Colin to do early!!
In other news cereal is going very very well.. I had to mix a second helping last night, he just couldn't get enough. So far he is a good eater!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I haven't tried them, but apparently there are some homeopathic teething tablets that supposedly work wonders -- you can buy them at CVS or Target or wherever -- a lot of my friends with babies have used them and said they are wonderful ...

Erin said...

oh yeah -- another thought -- have you tried the mesh feeder yet? If you have, you can try putting frozen peach slices (once you introduce different foods) or ice cubes in it -- that helps quite a bit!