Saturday, January 10, 2009

I have a plan.

"The no-cry sleep solution" has arrived and I've read some/skimmed most of it, but I have a plan. It seems so simple now. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I'm going to do a "log" tomorrow to get baseline data (although its not a real baseline since I'm already implementing "the plan" but too bad, I'm not looking to publish the results). In ten days I will do another log and see if we have gotten anywhere. In a sample of 60+ moms 42% had babies sleeping 5+ hours after 10 days, so here we go...

The author says it takes one of two things to help your baby sleep: crying or time. I choose time.

3 comments:

Erin said...

What are the main points of this plan?? I'm curious!

Anonymous said...

My little scientist..."Good Luck" looking forward to hearing more details! xo's all around..instead of "Good Luck" should I wish you "Pleasant Dreams" Mom

Daisy and Ryan said...

hi becky! i'm skimming through some of your older posts. sorry you get so little sleep, but at the same time - it's nice to know i'm not the only one!! and yes, i choose time, too. we have this book, and i love it. but when i got it, aiden was sleeping "through the night" and we needed the book for naptimes. it worked like a charm with him learning to go to sleep on his own. recently bedtime got worse with him waking more often, and i'm revisiting the book to help with nighttime. but if i have to choose between crying and time - i would definitely choose time!!

and i didn't realize our boys were so close in age! aiden just turned 6 mos feb 6. :) looking forward to reading more of your blog.