Friday, January 23, 2009

March for Babies!

Colin and I have decided to walk with Erin, Sam and Ben in the March of Dimes, March for babies! Sam and Ben were born prematurely at 32 weeks, and the March of Dimes was extremely supportive to Erin and her family as they came to grips with the reality of premature twins. The mission of the March of dimes is to improve the health of babies through research, education and advocacy. Colin and I were lucky, he was born full term and healthy, however we were not untouched by the March of Dimes. Their efforts were partially responsible for Colin (and all babies in NY) being tested for a whole host of genetic disorders at birth (all of which came back negative.)

I have a fund raising goal of $500, and with your help I hope to easily surpass this goal. Babies need our help! Won't you be so kind as to sponsor me, and help me help babies?

Here is the link for Erin's March of Dimes page if you are interested.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I send you a check? If so I would also like to contribute to Erin's pledge as well. I am unsure the best way to do that so that it goes for her pledge too.-Elaine

Becky said...

When you click through to the March of Dimes page, there is a panel on the right where you can select your pledge amount and click Donate now. You will then be able to select credit/ debit pay pal or check.. You can do the same on Erin's page.

Sneks said...

Yay for Babies!

Would it be OK if I linked to your March of Dimes post on my blog? Maybe some of the babies (and their folks) in my life would like to contribute to your goal??

Best of luck!