Monday, January 26, 2009

Perspective

Last night Sean and I watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy that we had saved on the DVR. In part of the story line a little boy is sick and nearly dies. He pulls through at the end but it made me think of the all the families that are dealing with sick children in 'real life'. I've been thinking about the March of Dimes a lot so I was primed for this I suppose. It made me so so so thankful that Colin is healthy. Sean and I were ready for a bad night last night because Colin was clearly in pain from his teeth. I had read somewhere that the same thing that causes Colin to wake up frequently also decreases his risk for SIDS. So as I was falling asleep I took a second to appreciate and be grateful for Colin's health and the fact that wakes up frequently. Well, guess who slept 3+hrs not once, but twice?! Things that make you go hmmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Becky your thoughts touch my heart and so many times we go hmmmm. This year we were in a study group (at church) reading and discussing the book "The Shack" interesting reading and food for thought. I even e-mailed the author on a question and believe it or not received a reply, of course I puffed out my shoulders (for a moment or two). Love you GGGGGGGGG