Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Updates

I don't think I'll post about every night but I do want to say that last night was a bit better. I'm not logging every night but he did sleep for more than an hour three times, one time as long as two hours and 25 min. He was never awake more than ten minutes AND he slept the whole night in his crib and woke up at 7:20 for the day. We have already had one nap that lasted an hour and a half so I'm very encouraged that things are improving.

I also want to mention (since I've forgotten to) that Colin has his top right tooth now. He was suffering with it so long we started to think it wasn't his tooth because nothing came through, once we saw it he was all better. I really hope I have a few weeks to get some sleep in him before the second one decides to make an appearance. Oh and talk about biting the hand that feeds you! YIKES. If anyone has any suggestions on that one I'm listening. I've tried bringing him closer and pinching his nose closed (with the idea that he will let go to take a breath) but he has learned this trick and instead of opening his mouth he leaves it closed and just pulls back. As you can imagine it is quite unpleasant. I'm starting to feel abused since he also pulls my hair and scratches me (no matter how often I cut his nails).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

does he sleep in the swing? Tried putting him to sleep in the stroller or carseat and leaving him there? I would try the nursing him to sleep or even putting him in your bed at this point sounds like you all just need some sleep.
Andrea

Erin said...

Good job on getting him to sleep in his crib! You're trying to get him OUT of your bed, right?

As for the nursing, I don't have any personal experience b/c I am an exclusive pumper, but I've read that saying "NO" very sternly and then ending the nursing session works pretty well -- and he'll learn that if he bites, he's done eating ...

Anonymous said...

Braden did a little biting when he was teething, I just stopped the feeding for a few minutes. As for sternly saying "NO" you don't want to scare him and I don't think at this age they can register "NO" and know to stop biting as for only having him sleep in his crib seems isn't always working, just giving some other options.

Anonymous said...

And who said "teething" was easy on anyone?????? It "all" sounds wonderfully promising compared to what you all have been suffering with...xo Mom

mommymac4 said...

I did it diferently for each kid. Mostly I did the "no biting". It did scare some of them, but it worked . . . I also flicked the cheek of some of the more persistent biters which seems mean but also worked when nothing else would make them let go. If it makes you feel better, they eventually stopped biting me during feedings. I'll also mention that it could be because teeth are a new thing for him. Most of mine got teeth early (Eddie had 6 by 6 months).