Friday, February 6, 2009

Any Ideas?

This is what sleep deprivation does to you. You walk away from a pot of steaming apples and this is what you come back to. (my ability to multi-task was always sub-par, now it is clearly non existent. I'm lucky I didn't burn the place down! (I do own a fire extinguisher now...just in case)) I kid you not this pot looks like it is coated with a non-stick surface. I've tried using a brillo pad and got no where.. in fact this picture is AFTER I brillo-ed the pot. If anyone has any suggestions on how to remove burned on ... apple drippings ?(sugar I suppose) I'm all ears. I used a brillo pad, I tried to boil water in there to soften it. I tried to dissolve it with vinegar... nothing even scratched the surface... I'm thinking I may just have to toss it.

You should have seen it when I first turned off the heat... like a cloud of charcoal.



6 comments:

Sneks said...

Oh my! I have been there before!

I know it sounds disturbing ... but buy some Coke and fill the pot with it. Then let it sit for a day or two. I have also heard you can boil the coke for like 10 minutes and it will clean it up quick (but I never tried the boiling method). I can't guarantee anything, but I have found that it worked for some burnt veggies that were stuck to the bottom of a big sauce pan.

Good luck!

Sneks said...

I mean that it sounds disturbing because we drink CocaCola and it has the power to dissolve things. I was not referring to cocaine. Just wanted to clarify!

Anonymous said...

Try some Oxy Clean. Boil some water in another pot or tea kettle and let it sit.

Anonymous said...

try Alconox

Anonymous said...

You can also try a baking soda paste. Soak for a day or two. But it does look too far gone. I now set the timer when i put anything on the stove so it will ring before it blackens!

Aunt Kathy

Becky said...

I will be trying these ideas. I have already started soaking with cocaine, I mean Coca-cola.