Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Colin is 7 months old!

Today Colin is 7 months old! Can you believe it? In honor of his 'birthday' he tried pureed blueberries this morning. Blueberries for the blueberry! He didn't seem to notice. Although I will say they were a little more challenging than other fruits because I decided to filter out some of the seeds. I didn't realize how 'seedy' blueberries were until I pureed them! (Blueberries are not a true berry and therefore do not apply to the 'no berries before 1 yr old' rule)

What is Colin up to at 7 months?

Likes:
  • Balloons! He got a balloon for Valentine's Day from my mom. Just the simple kind you blow up, but it is shaped like a heart. He LOVES it, although gets a little frustrated when we don't let him bite it!
  • Animal noises! To get him to smile in the pictures I was oinking like a pig. He thinks it is absolutely hysterical.
  • The cats. Griffin is very tolerant, I'll post pictures of them later. Sadie mostly gives him space.
  • Going for walks. He gets very excited when getting strapped into a stroller, and if I take too long to get myself ready to go out the door he gets mad.
  • Washcloths during bath time. I can't use a washcloth to soap up Colin anymore because he loves to eat the washcloth and suck out the water. I find it a little gross because that water isn't filtered but I'm trying to relax.
  • His new Vulli Teether I love it too it smells so good!
  • Books. He loves story time.

Dislikes:

  • Having his faced cleaned after mealtime. I was trying so hard not to let this happen because it is most annoying but I couldn't prevent it. He cries when we try to wipe his face, and of course he is always a mess. We generally find food spots later that we missed in our rush to clean him up.
  • His second nap of the day. This nap is always a hard sell, I don't know what it is. Nap #1 is easy but #2 is so hit or miss, I think the problem is that nap #1's length can be anywhere from 1-2 hrs. So I can't seem to get the timing consistent for nap #2 and sometimes wait too long.

Sleeping:

  • Still not good but we have our good days and bad days. He was having a crib strike for two days but I think we are thankfully over that now. Last night he went to bed at 7:00 woke up around 9:00 but I was able to get him back to sleep without taking him out of the crib. He woke again at 12ish and nursed for 4 mins and went back into the crib slightly awake. At 2 same thing, and at 5 he was very hungry but ate and went back to sleep until 6:45. The good news is that he only woke me up twice, since I still hadn't fallen asleep yet at 12.

New things:

  • Push ups and lunging. He really wants to crawl but he hasn't quite figured it out yet. He can get to all fours from a seated position but he immediately puts his butt down.
  • Consonants are starting to creep in. I hear D's and B's with some frequency now. He also has a coo that sounds very much like Hi!

One more picture:

2 comments:

Kristeen said...

Speaking of teething, I was on a website the other day that had teething jewelry and I almost bought you one because it made me think of you guys. They're little silicone pendants that are designed specifically for teething. Very cute: http://greenbabyshoppe.com/item_314/Teething-Bling-Donut-Shaped-Pendants.htm

Daisy and Ryan said...

what a cutie!!!

i might have to check out that teether... aiden has a bunch of different kinds, but different ones work during different stages - and at some points, none of them seem to do. the one you mentioned is cute!

we have problems with nap #2 sometimes, too... he goes down for it ok, but it's still tricky b/c like you guys - our nap #1 doesn't always last the same amt of time. it's usually the same start time, but it can last anywhere from 30min to 2 hours - so it makes the second time inconsistent.

glad the crib strike is over! :)