What is Colin up to at 7 months?
- Balloons! He got a balloon for Valentine's Day from my mom. Just the simple kind you blow up, but it is shaped like a heart. He LOVES it, although gets a little frustrated when we don't let him bite it!
- Animal noises! To get him to smile in the pictures I was oinking like a pig. He thinks it is absolutely hysterical.
- The cats. Griffin is very tolerant, I'll post pictures of them later. Sadie mostly gives him space.
- Going for walks. He gets very excited when getting strapped into a stroller, and if I take too long to get myself ready to go out the door he gets mad.
- Washcloths during bath time. I can't use a washcloth to soap up Colin anymore because he loves to eat the washcloth and suck out the water. I find it a little gross because that water isn't filtered but I'm trying to relax.
- His new Vulli Teether I love it too it smells so good!
- Books. He loves story time.
- Having his faced cleaned after mealtime. I was trying so hard not to let this happen because it is most annoying but I couldn't prevent it. He cries when we try to wipe his face, and of course he is always a mess. We generally find food spots later that we missed in our rush to clean him up.
- His second nap of the day. This nap is always a hard sell, I don't know what it is. Nap #1 is easy but #2 is so hit or miss, I think the problem is that nap #1's length can be anywhere from 1-2 hrs. So I can't seem to get the timing consistent for nap #2 and sometimes wait too long.
- Still not good but we have our good days and bad days. He was having a crib strike for two days but I think we are thankfully over that now. Last night he went to bed at 7:00 woke up around 9:00 but I was able to get him back to sleep without taking him out of the crib. He woke again at 12ish and nursed for 4 mins and went back into the crib slightly awake. At 2 same thing, and at 5 he was very hungry but ate and went back to sleep until 6:45. The good news is that he only woke me up twice, since I still hadn't fallen asleep yet at 12.
- Push ups and lunging. He really wants to crawl but he hasn't quite figured it out yet. He can get to all fours from a seated position but he immediately puts his butt down.
- Consonants are starting to creep in. I hear D's and B's with some frequency now. He also has a coo that sounds very much like Hi!
One more picture: