Monday, March 23, 2009

...and just like that we are back home!

So did I confuse you? Did you even miss me? Well good. We were in Switzerland from March 10-22nd. We arrived home yesterday around 7ish. I had some blogs scheduled to post while we were away (Sean fears a drop in readership/comments if I don't post often enough, and apparently less comments mean we have no friends.) Plus I felt it was like leaving a light on in your house so the crazies think someone is home. I was able to pop on near the end of the trip and post the 8 month old blog and the those few pics of the Jungfraujoch adventure (easily the highlight of the trip for me!)
All in all the trip was a huge success, we had a great time, and Colin was as perfect as he could be. I'm so glad we went, and if it weren't for Sean's conference I would never have . In the weeks leading up to the trip I was very nervous about traveling so far with an 8 month old. I am hear to tell you it was a piece of cake! I've got some ideas for 'tips for traveling with infants' for some future posts, so you can look for that in the days/weeks to come. I took well over 500 pictures (and it could be closer to 750, but I'm not wasting my time counting them) so I couldn't possibly post them all here but I will try to upload a few pics from time to time to give you the flavor of Switzerland. As with any trip the pictures aren't nearly as good as the real thing, so you'll just have to go and get a good look for yourself.
Here is Sean with a sleeping Colin in the backpack on top of the Schilthorn.

Le château de Chillon (The castle of Chillon)

Un bébé endormi (A sleeping baby)
Look for more about my amazing translation abilities in future posts. I've scheduled my mom to come this week to help me get Colin over the jet lag.. but in all honesty I don't think we have any jet lag issues! No matter, we will enjoy her company all the same!

5 comments:

Sneks said...

glad you're back and had a fabulous time!

I will post more often so that Sean thinks you have friends! :)

Anonymous said...

welcome back cann't wait to hear everything about it and see more pics
oana

Erin said...

Welcome home! I'm glad that you guys had a great trip and that Colin was such a good traveler. Are you going to try to sleep train again now that you're home?

Kristy said...

OMG... Sean is too close to that guard rail with Colin on his back... omg... sweaty palms!

Daisy and Ryan said...

that picture of the castle is incredible! can't wait to see more photos! so glad everything went smoothly and colin was such a great traveler! :)