Friday, March 6, 2009

As I was saying before...

I reiterate that Griffin is one of the most tolerant cats ever! For all those people who say cats are evil, take a look at this! These pictures were taken just before nap time. Colin and I walked into his room to find Griffin on our 'rocking' chair. Me and my sleep deprived sense of humor (more on that to come...) thought I would make Griffin move by having Colin sit on him! Genius PHOTO OP!! Well Colin thought it was the funniest thing ever and Griffin just took it in stride. After about a dozen pictures both on my camera and my phone, Griffin finally decided to vacate the chair. I place Colin briefly in the crib thinking I should reward this behavior with some treats for Griffin. Off to the kitchen I go and when the treats aren't in the drawer I check the microwave (sounds odd but Sadie is pretty good at rescuing the treats from our imposed confinement and the microwave is one place she can't get into.) Well the butter dish was in front of the microwave and apparently our microwave opens with some impressive force. This was the result.

This mess made me very glad I still had one roll of emergency paper towels in the house. My new years resolution was to give up paper towels in a effort to be more eco-friendly. I picked up this nasty paper towel habit sometime in college and felt is was time to stop. Well the thought of throwing a butter soaked wash cloth into the laundry with other things made me cringe, so I went for the paper towel. Now back to the fact that it was nap time! Colin lost his patience with the crib plop so I put him on the floor in the hall while I cleaned up the butter (why not wait until after he is asleep you ask? Because Griffin would have decided that the butter was his treat for being good! The outcome of which could not be good!). Well of course Colin started screeching at the idea of being left on the floor, so what does Griffin do? (Am I asking too many questions?) Walks right over to him and starts licking his head! Perfectly distracting Colin until I could get the mess cleaned up. Griffin finally got his special reward (of course, Sadie did too because that girl has super sonic hearing when it comes to a bag of treats (oh and if you are wondering I had to go to the backup supply of treats because the bag I was looking for was empty in the garbage!)) Then it was off to dreamland. I couldn't wait to share these pictures! So while there are 100 other things I should be doing right now (like buying a new butter dish!) I'm posting this!

3 comments:

Kristeen said...

This post made me crack up-- I love the way you tell stories. I can totally hear the hilarious inflection in your voice just from reading. And the picture of Griffin licking Colin's head... he's a nondiscriminitory cat. You're not really cool until Griffin has licked your head.

Anonymous said...

Bec...that was hysterical! A moment in our day....too cute! Have been very busy with the move and was running errands also when you called. Sorry to have missed our chance to talk...:) Mom

Crystal said...

This was hysterical! Sounds like a fun day- heehee...I thing Tula might be like Griffin with babies..but we'll have to wait and see on that :)