Thursday, March 26, 2009

Excited about Puffs!


At Colin's doctors appointment on Tuesday he got some homework! To aid in the development of a pincer grasp he is supposed to have some finger foods every day. I had purchased some wheat puffs cereal for him to eat (They have less sugar than cheerios) and he has spent a couple days pushing them around the tray. I would put one in his mouth and he just looks confused. So while picking up some baby proofing items at Baby's R Us, my mom found HAPPYBABY Organic Puffs in the food isle. I ordered them from Amazon but they haven't come yet so I decided to just buy one jar in apple flavor (I ordered banana and green but as it turns out they are cheaper at Baby's R Us!). I put a few on his tray before giving him his dinner, and popped one in his mouth. Well that was all it took! As if he had been doing it for months he picked them up pincer style and popped them in his mouth. He even started biting them in half first! We are very excited about these puffs! They have less sugar than traditional puffs, they are organic, and they are comparably priced to the regular puffs, plus they are vitamin fortified! To complete the picture the packaging is also recyclable and BPA free. What's not to love?!?!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Puffs and Cheerios only have 1G of sugar per serving!