Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby's First Haircut

Colin and I made an impromptu trip to CT to visit Erin and the boys. Sean was going to be at school all evening and Erin's husband was out of town on business so I decided to drive up and visit. Since Erin didn't get out of class until 12 I decided to go and get Colin's hair cut at the same place Sam and Ben go. After a bit of a hairy last hour of the drive Colin was not too pleased about this new chair he was being strapped into, or the stranger who was man handling his head. Here are the photos.
BEFORE:
DURING: (poor baby)



AFTER:


Am I happy with this cut, no not really. I understand why it was necessary but I'm not a huge fan of the buzz cut. His hair isn't soft anymore and he still looks like he has a mohawk. However, I do concede that the after is better than the before.

11 comments:

Erin said...

Poor Colin, he looks so miserable in the hair-cutting chair! The "stylist" you got seems kind of mediocre -- the one who is always there on Sunday afternoon actually uses the shears to cut their hair. My mom is going to teach me the next time she visits so I can just do it myself.

We had so much fun with the visit yesterday! Well, aside from the whole "hit you with the truck in the face' or the pooping on the floor incidents ... :)

Julie said...

pooping on the floor?!! LOL

Becky said...

What's the big deal? Other people don't poop on their floors?

Anonymous said...

Sweetie it would look less mohawkish if you just brushed it to the side. I think as his hair grows it's going to curl. So this is just a less attractive hair faze..I know I know the bowl cut I made you get for years!! Sorry...it's always the Mother's fault...get used to it!! :o

Andrea (Mom to the B's) said...

You can trim it yourself,I always just give the boys a little trim up. They don't have to use the buzzers. They just think it's easier. I think it is scarier! It's probably the only time he's going to have a mohawk you might want to embrace it!

Julie said...

what i also found to be funny about pooping on the floor, is that it was stated as plural "incidents". i will remember to lay down some newspaper next time you come for a visit:)

Erin said...

Ha -- incidents was referring to both the "hitting in the face with the truck" AND pooping! I am hoping that Sam will be very easy to potty train, he loves to poop as soon as I take off his diaper! At least it was on the floor and not in the bathtub!

Erica said...

I think he looks very cute.

Nicole said...

You could definitely learn to cut Colin's hair. It is surprisingly easy. I cut Tom's hair now, although he only has a buzz cut!

Kristy said...

The pictures with the food are priceless!

I need to see him soon!!!

Science Bloggers Association said...

Nice Blog. Congrats.
-Zakir Ali ‘Rajnish’
{ Secretary-TSALIIM & SBAI }

[ Editor- Children’s Poem
& Adult’s Poem ]