Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 2 of "ripping off the band-aid"


Nap #1: The worst protest yet, it wasn't longer just LOUDER. We started the process at 8:50am and I laid him down at 9:15am.

Nap #2: No problem! He only protested for about 3 or 4 minutes and then just settled onto my shoulder and went to sleep. 1:56pm-2:16pm
Bedtime: No protest at all. He even let me sit down before he was asleep and rock him to sleep. Sitting used to mean nursing, so if I sat he would think he was going to nurse and would restart a protest when he wasn't allowed to.

Things are going well on Day 2! Mama is winning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you are sticking with it even though it is hard on your soul. If you give in, he will learn to just keep upping the anty (sp??) with the loudness. Just like a kid in the candy store, if a mom says no and then a little whimper gives in....eventually it builds up to full out tantrums. I am glad to hear you are sticking to it, GREAT!!!!-Elaine

Kristeen said...

Yay! It sounds like you're definitely making progress. I've already decided that this baby of mine will be a good sleeper :) If not, we'll have Colin talk to him.

Becky said...

Don't worry Kristeen, I will not allow you to make the same 'mistakes' that I did in the sleep training.

Anonymous said...

I NEED to see MORE PICTURES...love, Colin's Grandma j

Kristy said...

Mistake is in quotes... luv it.