Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 3.

No protests at all today. I'm calling him cured! I worried about this step for a LONG time, I'm very shocked how quickly he gave it up. Do I regret not trying sooner? Not really... I think he was ready to give it up and I've been laying the ground work for a while. What I do regret is spending so much time worrying about it and googling 'breaking a nurse to sleep association'. I want those hours back!!
Next week we start pushing him to go to sleep without being held. I think the intermediate step (before plopping him in the crib and hoping for the best) will be to lay him on the twin bed when he closes his eyes (with me near him) and try to get him to drift off to sleep without being held. The other alternative might be for me to just crawl in the crib with him.
I have to say, once I have him going to sleep on his own, I will really miss snuggling with my sleepy baby. Colin is such a cuddly kid, I hope he doesn't loose that when he starts putting himself to sleep. I know this is for the best, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad that Colin is making such a quick progression through sleep school! Don't worry -- just because he'll be able to put himself to sleep doesn't mean you'll stop getting to cuddle with him! I try to make a point of having a little snuggle time with each of the boys every day -- we all love it!

Anonymous said...

Bec...I need to gently tell you your next steps are Not a good idea. I think it will give him mixed messages. If you need more time...go with what you are doing now for another week. I think you are over thinking this...and I love all the new pictures!! I miss my grandbaby!!!!! I love you :) Mom