For the Crust and Sauce.
- 1 pkg refrigerator sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz of cream cheese softened
- 4.5 oz whipped dairy topping (Cool Whip)
- Strawberries (you'll need about a pint or less)
- Banana (1 large or 2 med)
- Kiwi (2ish)
- Pineapple (1 can of chunks in its own juice and save the juice!)
- Blueberries (about a pint)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2c pineapple juice
For the glaze: boil the ingredients for one min. It helps to dissolve the cornstarch before you add the sugar to avoid clumps (if you do get small clumps don't worry about it they aren't noticeable.) Spoon over the fruit paying special attention to the bananas.
Chill before serving. Take to BBQ. Impress your friends/family.
I wish I took a picture of mine but I didn't.. here is one I found on the internet that is pretty (prettier in fact that mine was anyway, although mine usually has more fruit on it) it looks like they used mandarin oranges and no pineapple or banana. You can get really creative!
Try and and tell me how much your family loved it!
P.S. Check back this evening for another installment of my favorite things!