Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Visit to the Queens Zoo.

This weekend we took Colin to the queens zoo. It is a pretty small zoo but it has a petting zoo. We didn't really expect Colin to care much but we needed to get him out of the house on such a pretty day so off we went.

Here is Colin trying to get the Llama's. They had two baby llama's that were very cute.

Turns out Colin was more into the animals that we thought. Here he is reaching to a goat. We didn't actually let him touch any of the animals... I'm sure it would have been fine but we decided to err on the side of caution.

Colin and a sheep!

Reaching out again. Yes I think I have the whitest child on earth. Don't worry he had sunscreen on!


Colin and I check out the Scottish Cow. I'm pretty sure the cow didn't want his nose picked by Colin so I'm holding him back.


Father and Son looking at the bears.


And the trip home... we were about 45mins late for his afternoon nap and he made sure to let us know!

4 comments:

AbbeM said...

We took Natalie to a petting zoo at about the same age, and she also loved it! They love the movement of the animals. We just took her to another one on Mother's Day, and she liked the animals again, except for the horse that really freaked her out!

Sneks said...

First -- love the new look of the blog!

Second -- he is so friggin cute!

Third -- Thanks for the card from MFB! You guys are great!

Fourth -- Let him touch the animals! He can't live in a bubble!

Fifth -- We are slowly running out of Mets games! We should pick a date to go!

:)

Sneks said...

First -- love the new look of the blog!

Second -- he is so friggin cute!

Third -- Thanks for the card from MFB! You guys are great!

Fourth -- Let him touch the animals! He can't live in a bubble!

Fifth -- We are slowly running out of Mets games! We should pick a date to go!

:)

Becky said...

I promise I will let him touch the animals next time. Honestly, I was equally concerned with the animals safety as with Colin's. I'm sure these animals are used to being poked and prodded but he is pretty good at pulling fur. Sean actually just told me he thinks Colin did pet a sheep.