Monday, June 8, 2009

Baby Proofed!

Okay we have finally *finished* baby-proofing. Remember the original post?My big solution to all my problems in the living room was just to move everything out. Our bedroom is now overly crowded and a bit dorm room-ish with the desk, desk chair, filing cabinet, arm chair and laundry center now sharing space with our actual bedroom furniture. Here are the after photos of the LR.

Now it is all *baby* space

Cabinet locks on all the book shelf doors.

The locks we originally got for the doors work better for the drawers. However they kind of suck because they don't stay on. However they don't allow fingers to get pinched.

The baby gate on the kitchen. We have another matching one on Colin's room.


Our new litter box. The Booda Dome had to be retired. =( I finally realized the solution to the litter box issue was getting a smaller litter box. Now it is in the kitchen...it is actually working out better than I thought. The cats adjusted seamlessly.

6 comments:

Kristeen said...

Very nice!! Must be a big relief. We have that first type of cabinet lock on our cupboards under the sink... 8 months after moving in I still forget about them and break a nail every time I try go in there!

Erin said...

Yeah! Glad that the baby-proofing is finished, and the apartment looks great. And I'm glad that the litter box problem has been solved ...

Julie said...

Woo Hoo! Good for you! How do your cats deal with the gates? Can they easily jump over them? I am wondering how mine will get downstairs to the litterbox once we put the gates up. Milo is a fat boy, and I am worried about him!

Anonymous said...

I may have to get your older style of litter box b/c Abby thinks it is fun to smell the litter box and well I will stop at those details. Can you only buy the litter box online? Our house will be hard to baby proof at some point in the future because Wegman's litter box is in the basement and if we have a gate, he will have to jump it which is too dangerous, so we may need to find one with a cat door..I am unsure, we have plenty of time to work that out. Elaine

Anonymous said...

You have been a very busy Mommy and feeling under the weather to boot! Wow...I'm impressed and sad that you didn't need me! :( Love, Mom

Becky said...

I got the litter box at a pet supply store like petsmart or something. I was unable to find a get with a pet door. I guess I should just invent one because lots of people want one. Sadie can squeeze through the side bars on this gate but Griffin has yet to figure out how to go over it. I know is capable of jumping it because I've seen him jump into the crib which is higher. He just hasn't been motivated enough yet.