Saturday, July 11, 2009

Change is a good thing...(so far!)

For the last three days Colin has only taken one nap during the day (day 1 -2hour 15 mins, day 2 -nearly 3 hours, day three 2 hours 20 mins), and honestly the transition has been remarkably easy. Sean and I have both noticed that it is much easier to put him to sleep for both his naps and at night. In fact, he has needed less and less intervention from us to get him to sleep. The last five minutes he usually wants to be held before laying down nearly asleep but this is a major improvement over the 30-60 mins it has been taking to put him to sleep. Even better, his overnight sleep is better only getting up 2 or 3 times and when he does get up he is much easier to put back to sleep. He even slept until 7:30 this morning which is virtually unheard of for him. Granted this is a small sample size, but we are very encouraged by his progress. Things are good.


Here are pictures of Colin's first taste of pasta with tomato sauce.




7 comments:

Kristeen said...

Awww, what a classic picture! It looks like he really enjoyed it :)

Julie said...

Hey! I thought that those Sassy bowls stayed suctioned to the highchair! Did you take it off for him, or has he figured out how to break the suction?

Anonymous said...

Awww honey...the boy does have his Italian roots! That is too precious!
These are "all" good changes Bec...see not all change is bad! And if you weren't so sleep deprived you wouldn't be so worried about them. Go with the flow Mama! As I say that statement.. I'm having a flash-back to Kristy listening to me rant about the upheavel in my backyard.."Mom it's ONLY DIRT!" I need to remember my own advice! lol :) xoxo

Scott said...

I really hope my kid can be as cute as yours... Right before you had Colin, and you looked around and saw all these cute kids, did you ever get nervous that your kid wasn't gonna be cute... I am, because, you know, I'm not that good looking, so my wife's genes have a lot to make up for.

Becky said...

Thanks Scott! I'm so glad you think Colin is cute, because you aren't the type of person to just humor me and say nice things. But yes I think all parents are concerned about whether or not their child will be cute. The good news is, you'll think so regardless and then just have to wonder if other people are just humoring you!!! That being said however, I remember your baby pictures from the yearbook , YOU were a very cute kid, so you don't have anything to worry about.

Becky said...

Oh and about the bowls. The suction is compromised if the tray or bottom of the bowl is dirty, As you can see the bottom of the bowl got dirty so he was able to lift it off easily. If I'm really careful when I first put it on he can't get it off, but the pasta was an after thought so the tray was already dirty when I tried to load the bowl.

Nicole said...

I love the pictures! At least he isn't putting his bowl on his head when he is done, apparently I used to do that!