Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Dry Skin Solution!

It's winter, that means most people have dry skin (or maybe just those of us who can't control the heat in their 85 degree apartments.) I'm telling you I found the solution! I recently started usingSafflower Oil
as a moisturizer. Straight up! I just slather a little bit on after a shower and hello hydration.  Of course being oil, it takes a little while to absorb but it is SO worth the time, and I only use it once a week it works so well. I swear it is a miracle cure, no more dry itchy skin. I've even been using it on Colin, putting a cap full in his bath water.  It has no noticeable scent and there are no questionable ingredients. I just wish I could use it more on my hands, but its a little too greasy for that.

You should know that oil is a breeding ground for bacteria so it is best to put the oil in small container and clean it out really well between re-fills. That way you don't contaminate your 'source' and have to toss the whole bottle. Also, having a bottle of cooking oil in your bathroom might confuse some people. If you try this you have to let me know how it works for you!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

You were blogging while hanging out at our house?!

Daisy and Ryan said...

I never thought about adding some to the baby's bath (oops...guess they're toddlers now - I keep saying baby...). I'm going to try that with Aiden. We're having such a hard time getting his eczema under control ever since his infection/flare-up. We're up for trying just about anything at this point! Good idea. I'll try it on myself, too. I'm curious how it compares to the coconut oil. I don't think the coconut oil takes quite as long to soak in. It doesn't feel oily after you put it on, which is one more thing I like about it.

Daisy and Ryan said...

I realized we have sunflower oil instead, but...both are just as good. Used it in the bath tonight...he did feel softer, but Dad said he wasn't all about it b/c "it makes everything oily." He's the one that does bath time, so....

Sarah B. said...

Sy has some dry skin so I think I may try this out.. Thanks for the idea.. Also, can you help me figure out how to post videos on my blog from Vimeo?? I can't figure it out.. I am very challenged in these areas.. Thanks a bunch!