Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fropper Review

For Christmas Colin got a tricycle from my parents, however he found it when we were home for Thanksgiving so he was able to get a preview session and then ride again at Christmas time. He thoroughly enjoyed it, but obviously had to be pushed around as he had no idea how to use the pedals. That was his first taste of a ride on toy. We did not bring the trike back to NYC because we just don't have anywhere to store it all winter and I figured since he couldn't really use it yet what was the point?  Well shortly after Christmas this started:

Colin would attempt to ride on any small toy that would fit under him. I hoped he would get over it and forget about riding toys... it didn't happen.

  When I bumped into The Fropper
online I thought I might have found the solution! I searched locally for a used one, hoping to avoid the $70 price tag but when I couldn't find one I finally brought it up to Sean. I had all my arguments lined up ready for a 'discussion'
  1. Colin clearly wants a ride on toy.
  2. He is the perfect age for this toy and should get a good year plus out of it before he max's out the weight limit.
  3. It is small, and probably made primarily for indoor use
  4. He should be able to manage it by himself, no bending at the waist to push him around for hours.
  5. IT FOLDS UP FOR STORAGE!! So perfect.
Of course I showed it to Sean and he said. 'Okay buy it. Just skip grocery shopping next week.'  I said DONE. We actually have a LOT of food in the house right now and really need to get creative to use it up before it goes to waste, so aside from milk and bread we shouldn't need anything from the store. I've been on a cooking (well crock potting) streak lately so I've been a little less 'restrained' than I normally am at the grocery store.  I like to call it binge shopping. Anyway, that is for another post. Back to the matter at hand.

Out of the box here is Colin's reaction to the fropper:

Colin's First Ride from Rebecca Berry on Vimeo.


Here is a short deomonstration of how the fropper folds! The best feature!


Folding the Fropper from Rebecca Berry on Vimeo.


Once again Colin enjoying the fropper. Now a more experienced rider he goes 'no handed'


Colin on the Fropper from Rebecca Berry on Vimeo.


So far we love this toy. I'll try to update in a few months to let you know if our opinion changes. Some people on Amazon reviewed it to say that the handle bars broke off easily, we'll just have to see.  So far it seems pretty sturdy. I have to admit I am tempted to try it out myself, but since the weight limit is 45 lbs, I'm holding back.


5 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

Fun toy--how did you find out about this? Never seen it before.

Julie said...

wow! looks like he loves it. and i see he is demonstrating one of the uses for the snack trap as well!

Anonymous said...

He is a pro (shall we send him to the olympics)

AbbeM said...

Becky, that's awesome! I'm so excited that you got this for him. The look of excitement on his face when he first got on it was amazing.

Crystal said...

Love the videos! Thanks so much for sharing. :)