Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A long time coming..

If you have seen me in the last six months or so you have probably heard me say something along the lines of  "That's IT I'm chopping it all off!"  The longer my hair gets the more I get annoyed with it and the more Colin grabs on and doesn't let go.  Not only have I not had the time to cut it, the bigger hurdle was I didn't know where to go. My preferred stylist sold her business in early 2007 and since then I have bounced around to a few other places but have never likeed the cut enough to return for a second try. Until today! I went to the Natural Look Salon (an Aveda Salon) in the Queens Mall. I originally was trying to find a place in the neighborhood but after having some language issues with Colin's cut I abandoned that idea and went to the mall instead.  My stylist was John and while English wasn't his first language either, he spoke it much better than the three other salons I've been into in the "nabe" (that's how the cool kids say neighborhood (mom)). I don't want to come across supremacist, I certainly don't think that people who don't speak English can't cut hair. It is just that your stylist is someone you have to be able to communicate with easily, and I have enough trouble getting my ideas across when it comes to my hair I don't need extra challenges.

Back to the point, I got my hair cut!! I would love to tell you what Colin's reaction was but he was asleep by the time I got home, so I will have to update you tomorrow. For now you can just check out the pictures:

From the front.

Side.

Back

 
What it will look like most of the time since I chronically tuck my hair behind my ears.
John (my new BFF!) talked me into angling it more front to back than I had originally intended but I'm happy with it. He basically took 45mins+ just to style it so I'm sure it will look much different when I do it and spend all of 15 but I am SO pleased just that it doesn't suck (as so many of my more recent hair cuts have)!  It is the length I wanted and it is well cut.  If you are curious this is the picture I went in with.

p.s. if you think I look pale or thin, I probably am, I was sick (reprise of Ben's March of Dimes virus) over the weekend and haven't been able to eat very much since.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks wonderful Becky! It looks really nice on you and so shiny! I like the angle cut on you also. Very nice!! nancy

Sneks said...

LOVE IT! You are so gorgeous!

Kristeen said...

The angle cut is my favorite!! It works very well on you. I'm still in awe of the color and I think this cut really brings it out... Good choice!

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

LOVE IT!!!! Don't you love when the hairdresser GETS IT and cuts it how you want it but even better than you want it.

I was going to comment how great you look but since you said you look pale and sickly maybe my comment may not seem like a compliment "hey Bec..I love the pale, sick look on you!!!"

I also would like a new haircut but since I have started straightening my hair I have got a few compliments so I will stick with this for a while. How did you decide on that style of haircut?

Erin said...

It looks great! And I like it better tucked behind your ears. Is it still long enough to pull back in a ponytail?

Julie said...

i really like it! i never noticed what a beautiful profile you have. i wish i had a perfect nose like you!

and if colin is a typical guy, he won't even notice. but i am sure he will find some way to pull on it:)

JJ said...

Great job...John!!! This is a wonderful hair style for you!! You know how "I" feel...love the short tyles on "my" baby!! LOVE IT LOTS!! xo

Erin said...

I forgot to mention this. Ben was sitting on my lap when I looked at this, and he said, "Oh, haircut!" without me even saying anything. We have your parents' Christmas card on the fridge, and he must have noticed the difference!

AbbeM said...

looks great becky! I like that it's back to your natural color too.

I've been trying not to cut mine, and take advantage of the pregnancy hormones to get it to grow. However, it's driving me a bit nuts as it grows out, so I'm going for a cut in a couple of weeks to look cute for my baby shower. Yay for haircuts!

Sarah B. said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! You look beautiful!

Carol said...

I agree with JJ it is perfect for you. I hope it is not to hard to do but you girls are so handy with the brush and blow dryer. Great choice, Beck and great job John. GG

Crystal said...

Love the hair!! :)