Friday, May 14, 2010

Boys will be boys..

Colin had is first black eye, and although I wasn't there to witness it occurring, I knew it was only a matter of time.
This was a picture I took earlier in the day of his new favorite trick. (why do they put a bar there?!?)

and this is what he looked like when we put him to bed.
Sean took Colin out to the playground before dinner so I could get some cleaning done.  Colin apparently lost his grip on the bar and came crashing down on the center rail of the slide. I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind that he hasn't ever gotten a black eye on my watch, but I quickly tempered that thought. Of the two of us Sean is much more likely to hover (for better or worse) over Colin to protect him from injury. These things happen in the blink of an eye and are often unpreventable, I've caught Colin a number of times and just got lucky that he wasn't hurt.  For a kid who is very nervous of new situations and people, he is oddly fearless for things that are ACTUALLY dangerous.

3 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

How did Colin handle himself after it happened? Is he fearful of the slide since it has happened?

It is true that so much can happen no matter how close you hover or tell them not to do something because it is not safe.

I hope it heals quickly!

Julie said...

well, now you can use this as ammunition against sean when he thinks you are not watching colin closely. matt is such a hoverer too. i called him that today...but then he turned around and annabelle started sucking on the garbage can....does that answer your question, elaine?

Carol said...

Oh yes it was bound to happen and I am sure many times over. He is now baptized All Boy. GG