Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Announcing...

We joyfully announce the news that we are expecting another baby! Our 'baby bee' (how's that for a play on words?) is due August 20-22nd (depending on who you ask). Which makes me 10 weeks along. We had our first appointment this morning and heard and saw a strong heartbeat and got the image above. Baby is looking directly at you in the image with the head to the left, you can see the eye orbitals just below the center of the head, to the right is body and limb buds. The rest of the visit went well and the only 'concern' right now (if you can call it that) is that I'm likely showing early signs of sciatica. My doctor has recommended that I look into prenatal yoga and if that doesn't help she will send me for physical therapy. Yikes. I wasn't really expecting that but figured it was best to mention the strange pains in the back of my upper thigh when I stand up after being down for a while. I'm not sure I have the energy for yoga yet but maybe in the next couple of weeks.  I'll post a time line of events for you in another post but for now I'll just let you know that this pregnancy has been at least 5x (to give a realistic estimate) worse/harder so far than my first pregnancy (P1). The fatigue, the nausea, the vomiting, everything is magnified. To illustrate this point, at my 8 week visit in P1, I was up 3 lbs. At a 10 week visit in P2 I am down 2 (I started from different places so I'm still +2 on that 8 week P1, so don't worry that I've totally wasted away).

I think we should start another weight pool since I blew everyone out of the water last time.This time around we can make it an official part of the blog. Leave a comment or send me an email/text with your guess and I'll put it in a sidebar. The person/people who come(s) the closest will get a yet to be determined prize. Here are the 'facts'. During P1 I gained exactly 60lbs. I am starting a full 7lbs heavier this time around (I worked hard on that thank you very much) but have lost 2 (probably lost more but have started to re-gain, but we have no official numbers on that) which is something that didn't happen last time. I retain water like you wouldn't believe and I'm due in august (because July just wasn't torture enough for me) Good Luck. I will accept 'bets' up until my next doctors appointment in about a month, any that come in after that will receive a * since they may have more data on which to base their guess. I only need guesses to the nearest pound and we are estimating weight gain not ending weight.

21 comments:

Erin said...

Yippeeeeee! I'm going to guess that you gain 48lbs with this one.

AbbeM said...

Although I already knew...so excited for you guys!! Congrats again. I'm going to guess an even 50 this time. :)

JJ said...

I'm going with my age as of this moment...55

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

super duper yeah!!!! I am so excited for all of you, but so sorry to hear you are so sick.

I am guessing 42lbs. I will hope this coming summer is not as hot and humid as last summer.

Daisy and Ryan said...

Augh! Congrats!!! :) Yay! Of course, I'm sorry to hear it's been so rough. That's no fun. All of my stuff was definitely worse w/ #2. I'm wondering what #3 will be like for me (um, not there just yet!). Hopefully things will ease up soon for you, though!! Good luck on the yoga. I hope it helps!! I'll join in on the betting...I'll go with 47. :)

sam said...

Yay!! Congrats I am guessing 70 since you said this pregnancy was starting off worse:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all 3 of you! I hope things calm down for you real soon! I am putting my "bet" in at 58lbs! :) nancy

Kristy said...

Yippy!!!!

I am hoping that all the different things happening mean it will be a girl! I know not what you want but I need to buy girl clothes for someone!!!

75lbs. Go for it!

mommymac4 said...

Congratulations, how exciting! :) With as consistent and consciencious you are, I'm thinking 60 lbs will be gained this time too.

Julie said...

hello there, floating fetus! nice to see you again:)

i am going to low ball your weight gain at 40lbs. but don't feel guity if you go over! you seemed to bounce back right after colin so i am sure you will after baby bee.

dust off those support socks!

Anonymous said...

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am so happy for you guys or rather should say we are. Oh to be silent is so hard especially for me. I hoping the very best for you, don't compare to much, it's all so different and yes from the beginning. I an guessing 45 lbs. I love the comment dust off the support hose. If you can do the Yoga or whatever is recommended, it really is important. Wow am I saying too much. Grandma (gg)

Morgan said...

Yay!! Congratulations to the Berry family :-) I say 58 pounds :-)

Kristeen said...

Hooray for going public, and for the return of the baby ticker!

Eh... 52 lbs.

Sneks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sneks said...

Congrats guys! Ry & I are so excited for you!!

And I am guessing 44lbs!

Hope to see you as soon as you're feeling better!!

Vickey said...

So happy for the Berry family, take time to relax!!! You'll need all you can handle lots of love Vickey

Sarah B. said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!! I am going to guess you will gain 57.5 pounds...

Nicole said...

Congrats to you guys! I'm going to "bet" 46 lbs.

Anonymous said...

35 lbs dad

Anonymous said...

Hi! Congratulations! I am so happy for you Sean and Colin!

I guess 38lbs.

Thanks!

Love,

Aunt Kathy

Crystal said...

I am so behind on the blog! Congratulations, I am so so happy for you both. :) Looking forward to all the updates! xo