Thursday, February 24, 2011

14 Week Baby bump

Here are the picture(s) you are waiting for. Once again, still smaller this time around than I was last time (and can I say how crazy young I looked last time? Is it just me or what? Maybe it is the slightly surprised expression...) I am now wearing my up a size pants, but don't need the maternity wear pants yet..(although I did pull them out in a laundry pinch and have now re-washed all the maternity clothes so I'm ready when I do need them). I think I'm probably up about 3 or 4 lbs from pre-preg right now but I'll have an official number after my rescheduled after an emergency (the drs not mine) doctors appointment next week.  Big news this week? Colin and I took a nasty spill on Tuesday morning on the ice in front of Leo and Dawn's building. I saw what looked like a puddle and didn't even consider it until my feet were no longer under me. Thankfully I was not holding Colin (which is very typical these days as it makes the sciatica worse if I carry him), but I'm pretty sure he only fell because I pulled him down since I was holding his hand. I landed on my elbow and hip, Colin landed on his face...when does the instinct to protect the face kick in, not a scratch on his hands at all?!?  I called the dr and they said as long as I didn't have any cramping or bleeding not to worry, 14 weeks is a good time during pregnancy to fall since baby is so well protected. 
That aside I am feeling much much better this week. I've been working a lot toward getting my thesis written and am feeling much more energetic than I was last week. I think I've kicked the cold and the pregnancy 'comma' that is the first trimester has lifted.

Anyway, here are the photos.
P2
P1



Someone else wanted in on the fun too. And yes is is wearing his hair in a pony tail of sorts on the top of his head. He likes it like that and when he finds a hair thing will ask me to do it. Would I encourage him to walk around outside the house like that..probably not but if he is happy I'm happy. (If you look closely you can see the scratches on the left side of his mouth/cheek from the crash)

Colin then wanted to play photographer so we have some other fun shots from the evening.


5 comments:

Kristy said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

sorry to hear you fell.

He is quite a good photographer.

Yeah for the bump and for feeling better!

Kristeen said...

1. I think the picture from P1 was my favorite picture from that pregnancy.

2. I love the picture Colin took of you so much that I sort of want to print it out and bring it to work so that when I have bad days I can look at it. It makes me want to squeal and hug you.

Erin said...

The giddy excitement from P1 when you are finally starting to show and people realize you're pregnant, not just sporting a beer gut! You did look young -- but we WERE young! Parenting has aged me, or so it appears, a lot more than 3 years.

Going to get bunny pictures at Portrait Simple at some point in the next month -- do you want to come, too?

JJ said...

I see no "new" wrinkles...just dark circles due to lack of sleep and nutrients! Pace yourself and slow down my darling girl! And remember Colin is alot closer to the ground he may not have had the lead time to put his hands out due to the fact you were holding onto one of them! :)