Thursday, May 5, 2011

24 Week Baby Bump

You know how I always say that we are busy.. well busy just took on a whole new meaning! I am attempting to finish my thesis (the document) before May 25th and therefore I am currently burning the candle at both ends. I've joked about this before but now it is absolutely the case that if someone looked at our family they would think Sean and I were sharing custody of Colin instead of married. If Sean gets home at a reasonable hour from work, I instantly leave the house to go work. This past weekend he took Colin out to visit his family so I would have the entire weekend uninterrupted. I care for Colin during the weekdays and Sean takes weeknights. Things are crazy but hopefully it will all be over soon. Unfortunately, desperate to be given some kind of attention baby bee likes to hold dance parties the second I try to go to sleep, sometimes it feels more like I have a ball of writhing snakes in my womb instead of a baby. Sleeping is a bit elusive particularly as I don't get into bed until very late and I have never been good at shutting off my brain, all last night I was analyzing data in my sleep (and don't even get me started on Sadie, she hasn't left me alone since we got back from vacation).  Anyway, here are the pictures!

P2
P1

5 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

I hope you are able to get this work done quickly so that you can not only be done with it but to have some "relaxation" time with just you and Colin before baby bee arrives.

Has Colin noticed a big difference or does he see it as special time with just mom or just dad?

love the bump---and I also love that you post both pictures to know where you were with the previous pregnancy.

Becky said...

I honestly don't know if Colin has noticed the difference. He doesn't say anything, but he does ask me if I'm 'working' or 'going to work' more often than he ever questioned before. Not in a nervous way.. just curious. He is certainly easier to leave than he ever has been in his life (in that there is no drama or rituals that need to be carried out before I can leave (like waving through the windows or one more kiss). He and Sean have been doing a lot of 'special' things together since I'm not around and it has really been great for their relationship as well as giving me some breathing room. I no longer feel like I am his "whole world" which at the moment is refreshing although I'm not sure I'll always feel that way.

Nicole said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that analyzes data in their sleep!! Good luck finishing up. I know how hard finishing my thesis was and I was only planning a wedding during writing it!

Kristy said...

Count down is on! Can you see the light yet? I hope so! After May 25th you will be done with your thesis so you can work on the sis! Har har har! :)

Becky said...

Correction: I will be done with the DOCUMENT on May 25th. I still have to present and defend it a month later.. but yes that is cute.. and the major work load is done May 25th.. Actually the MAJOR work load should be done soon( in a week and a half I would guess), then it is just edits and polishing (I hope).