Monday, May 9, 2011

25 Week Doctor Vist.

Baby bee and I had a doctors appointment this morning.. The official weight gain is now at 17lbs compared to 31lbs at the same time P1 (I happen to have a weigh in during the same week last time). So a little more than half the weight gained. I swear I'm not purposely doing anything differently..I'm just not the human vacuum I was in P1. Everything else checked out completely normally. My doctor finally told me she is pregnant (I suspected since my last visit but with the lab coat on all the time it isn't something I was just going to bust out and ask...just in case...). She said she is due in July but will likely deliver in June so she should be back by the time I deliver.. If not one of the other doctors will deliver me and while I certainly have a preference over which of the other doctors I end up with I'm really fine with that. I obviously prefer to have her be there since we went through this war together once already but I'm not going to tell her she can't spend time with her baby to come deliver mine. We also had a long conversation about my stress levels and she really said, stress is a fact of life and you can't do much about it but you can control sleeping so just be sure you are sleeping as much as you can when you can and that will help with the stress.  I will do the best I can for the next few weeks and then once this thing is written I'll be sleeping all the time! The worst part is just laying awake some nights trying to settle down after writing until midnight, then not falling asleep until 1:30 or 2:00 and of course being up with Colin at 7 or earlier. Sean has been AMAZING about letting me sleep in on the weekends so I think I'm doing okay right now. Her advise was to take benedryl to help me fall asleep.  That isn't something I like to do but she assures me it is completely safe for the baby and if it helps me sleep it is worth it. Certainly not something I will do every night but maybe on the nights I really have a hard time settling down.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I would definitely take the Benedryl to help you sleep if you need to, it isn't something you'll be doing for the 40 weeks of the pregnancy, if it is what you need to do to get through the end of the writing, do it! I think it has the same medicine as "Simply Sleep" -- so if you want to avoid the anithistamines, try that instead. I think when I was in the hospital on bedrest, I took Ambien a few nights ...

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

they offered me ambien when I was induced because they wanted me to get rest. I declined because I was nervous, although looking back I should have taken it. I hope you get some rest soon.

Nicole said...

Just be careful because Benedryl has the reverse affect on me and makes me hyper!