Monday, May 30, 2011

28 Week Baby Bump

Ta da! Welcome to the third trimester (which apparently officially started at 27 weeks).  I have also finished and submitted a draft of my dissertation to my committee. I'm not 'done' yet but I'm certainly one step closer.  A hurdle I am happy to have completed before the pregnancy became too exhausting.  These last few months have been very very challenging for both Sean and I, Colin however seems largely unaffected. In fact, he is thriving and currently loving on his Daddy in a big way. It is just precious. Nothing really to report that is different about the pregnancy. People seem to be really noticing and reacting to my belly all of a sudden so apparently I look more pregnant now. People are picking up things for me, and in non-subway situations rapidly offering me their seats.  I have a few blog posts in my head that I want to get up, so hopefully I'll have time to take care of that this week.

P2
P1




4 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

I definitely see less water retention in this pregnancy. You look GREAT (and you looked great pregnant with Colin). So glad you may have some "down" time.


PS LOVE the shirt and the color--both look great on you.

Kristy said...

I wish the booty would come back. Bring back the booty!!!

Sneks said...

So, in the baby bump pictures, I noticed a lot of purples and reds with P2 (girl) and more blues and greens with P1 (Colin). Coincidence? :)

Becky said...

So funny that you would notice this Jen. During P1, from very early on in the pregnancy I was absolutely repulsed by pink.. to the point that during the ultrasound when the tech said she thought it was a girl, one of the things I said while we waited for the doctor was "well she isn't getting a pink nursery!"... This time around I didn't notice it at first but after looking at my laundry pile I realized I wore 3 pink/red shirts in a row when I was about 7 or 8 weeks pregnant. I don't own that much pink or red so it would be difficult to pull off that trick without somehow subconsciously choosing that color. I didn't notice that I had kept up with that trend until I looked back through the pictures. This was one of the 'cues' that told me I was having a girl.