Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Strike a pose!

Lately, Colin has been insisting that his bath water is 'too hot' no matter if it is actually hot or lukewarm. So I usually add cold until he is satisfied. Turns out he actually wants to have the water be tepid at best maybe even cool. While I don't really have a problem with this it means by the time he gets out he is generally shivering (it hasn't been that hot here to really justify this odd choice...I think he is just being stubborn). This has lead him to finally find utility in the bathrobe he got for Christmas. He has me put it on him as soon as he is dried off and then he wears it over his pj's while he reads books to help him continue to warm up. Since he looks so darn cute in the robe I wanted to take some pictures tonight so I followed him into the kitchen with the camera while he 'picked a cup' a new nightly ritual for the sippy cup of water next to his bed. All of a sudden this kid starts striking a new pose with every shutter of the camera and holds it until I take the picture. It was really funny and I have no idea where he learned this...I imagine I will find this behavior annoying at some point but things are generally cute the first time..here are the pictures. Unfortunately there are many out of focus because my eye piece got knocked out of focus (likely Colin's doing), we were in the moment so I didn't take the time to fix it thus I had no idea what the camera was focusing on.







I suppose it would be in poor taste to dress Colin as Hugh Hefner for Halloween and his baby sister as a 'bunny'. Funny yes, but moderately inappropriate. Although if she were literally a bunny then I might get away with it.

4 comments:

Julie said...

colin def needs a pipe to complete the look!

i love the different poses that he used..kids are so creative, that's why i love teaching young ones.

also, the halloween idea is genius...do it!

Kristy said...

Yeah, I wonder where he got the idea. That one is a stumper.

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

so cute!!!!!

sam said...

Love the posing! He is too cute. And as for Halloween, you should totally do it!