Monday, July 4, 2011

Baby Bump 32/33 Weeks

This should have been a 32 week bump picture, but that photo didn't get taken. I figure I get a pass on this one since 1) I defended my dissertation (and passed) 2) My parents were in town and 3) We were doing some major re-organizing so the wall that I usually take the photo on was blocked by lots and lots of boxes. This was the point in P1 when I really started to feel exhausted by life. While I am exhausted this week I can't say if it is the recovery from all the excitement of the last month or if it is the pregnancy (likely both).  I'm not completely done with my dissertation, I still have to make all the suggested corrections which should be completed by the beginning of August, just in time for the little ones arrival. However, thanks to all my parents help we are now much more prepared if she makes an early appearance. The clothes I have are all washed and put away, Colin's room is re-arranged (and the new bedding washed by not put out yet) to prepare him to move into the twin bed on his birthday (his request).  The closets have been completely stripped of all non-essential items (xmas decorations, luggage, winter clothes, china, coffee table etc) and we are now renting a 5x5x8 storage unit to house the overflow. We have some new cube storage shelves in the living room for toy organization. The kids room closet also has a new upper shelf to help add more usable space. We were very busy! Thanks Mom and Dad for all your help and hard work, I could not have been an easy person to deal with last week, stress makes me snarcky.  Anyway, here are the photos.
P2
P1

I am certainly noticing more facial fullness now, but comparing it to P1, I'm still doing okay. No real water retention to speak of, my feet and legs are still normal and I can still fit into my wedding ring (not a fair comparison, remember it was sized) although it is noticeably tighter first thing in the morning. It is really just starting to get hot now, I got lucky so far with a fairly mild summer. I'm sure that will change but so far so good. The biggest issue is just contractions, they are frequent and annoying but not painful for the most part, and certainly not the kind that are productive. I have a doctors appointment late this week, I'm sure they will want to do an internal exam because of the contractions so I'll let you know if anything has changed. I took over 600 pictures in the last week so hopefully I'll be able to post about other topics soon!

6 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

your parents are so helpful. I remember when you posted about them coming to help with your living room shelves. So glad that you were able to accomplish a lot when they came down.

You look FANTASTIC---I don't see any facial fullness.

Perhaps your lil' girl will enjoy some slight down time since you are almost done with your dissertation.

CONGRATS on getting through the major hurdle and hears to getting through the corrections quickly.

Anonymous said...

Becky..you look beautiful! I am so glad you had your Mom and Dad's help!
They are so amazing and you take right after them!!

nancy :)

Kristy said...

You have a bigger belly this time... like fuller on the sides more. Still no booty - which is pretty disappointing. :)

Glad you got everything ready for the little miss and I can't wait to see you guys next weekend!

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic and so glad to seeing and hugging you soon. Yes those two Jones parents are a pretty good team on reorganizing and organizing. I do believe we will keep them around for awhile, they are OK. Congratulations on a job well done, I know I am late but have been out of town ( and yes this time without hot water or a least a good supply of it) I hope you can relax and enjoy all that is happening and about to happen,

Erica said...

You look amazing and congrats on the thesis!!!!!

Crystal said...

You look great Becky! :)