Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ultrasound

No images from the ultrasound this morning... I guess the baby is so large that you can't get the whole baby in one image so a close up shot of say the head isn't really that interesting... They usually give me an image or two but they were all business today. BabyBee is currently measuring about 6lbs 6oz which is just a little on the large size (I think a typical fetus is just below 6lbs at this point), she should gain about an once a day from here on out so if I go to full term she will be about 8lbs.  Not too bad. Colin was 8lbs 14.5oz so I can deal with 8lbs. I will see the ob later this week so we'll see what they say about inducing..

4 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

do you want to be induced? I didn't get an ultrasound this far along, I heard at about 33+ weeks it can be hard to get a good image because the baby is so large. Have you been having a better experience with the new doctor (you had blogged about previously)?

Jen Sneks said...

A friend posted this on facebook the other day. http://www.npr.org/2011/07/18/138473097/doctors-to-pregnant-women-wait-at-least-39-weeks?sc=fb&cc=fp

I don't really have an opinion on the matter, but I just found it to be an interesting story.

Becky said...

My desire to be induced was simply driven by the hope that this baby won't be too big to fit, if she is going to be smaller than Colin then I'm willing to wait a little longer...My doctor will not induce before 39 weeks and that wasn't my hope anyway..I was just thinking a few days before my EDD. Being induced would make it easier for us to get someone here to take care of Colin, rather than having to call someone in the middle of the night.. however it would be nice to experience a natural labor this time since being induced wasn't exactly the highlight of the L&D experience.

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

I can understand the planning for Colin. Will your parents be coming down?