Thursday, August 18, 2011

39 Weeks- Bump and Drs Appt

Another twofer! This weeks doctors appointment was a little more interesting than the last although just barely. I'm a full 2cm dilated and the baby has apparently dropped further into the birth canal because I am measuring smaller (I did the same thing with Colin but I have to go back and figure out if it was the same week or not).  I have gained another pound bringing me to +37. I also found out that doctor #2 is on vacation next week so my plans for having her induce me are out the window. Now my earliest induction date is 8/26 when doctor #4 is on call. Doctor #2 is sending me for another ultrasound on Monday to check weight again... this seems very odd to me but apparently she is a big fan of the ultrasound while Doctor #1 never was. Its actually kind of annoying to go to the hospital all the time but I don't really have a good reason to say no...I'm curious to see how big she is measuring now (although grated they aren't 100% accurate). I will then go back and see Doctor #4 later in the week and she is supposed to put me on the schedule for Friday.  This is all assuming I don't spontaneously go into labor.
I have pretty much have zero expectation of going without assistance, but that is mainly because I can't live in the 'it could be today' mentality all the time. Sean is a little less convinced and told me today that we can't make plans for Sunday in case I'm in labor.. I would rather make plans and cancel them personally, I can't sit around the house just waiting all the time...Our bags are packed, the car seat is installed, Colin is totally prepared (although Dawn mentioned that I might want to have a bag packed for him in the event I go in the middle of the night and have to drop him off at her place). The only thing we have to do now is get the house put together a little more. I wrote up a 'house schedule' of our typical routine for Sean's mom or whomever else might need it. This was Sean's idea and a very good one. Silly stuff like what Colin likes to eat for breakfast, when the cats get fed, what time he should be in bed, where the closest pharmacy is etc. I still have to write out the TV instructions for using the dvd player or on demand shows but I'll get to that tomorrow. 

In other news... I DEPOSITED MY DISSERTATION TODAY! It is officially official, I have a Ph.D. Crazy! I can't wrap my head around it yet... I'm actually done! I'm also very very sore from all the walking I had to do today not just for the deposit but to drop off and pick up Colin from Dawns. I better not go into labor tonight, I'm not sure I have the energy for it! Anyway, here are the pictures..Enjoy.

P2

P1

9 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

YEAH for being more dilated (less to do later on) and YEAH for being done with your thesis. Hopefully baby will wait a day or two so you can rest up.

I can't wait to hear the upcoming news....and prayers are with you all for a safe, quick (but not too quick) labor and delivery and a smooth transition for Colin while you are away.

Nicole said...

Congratulations!

Kristeen said...

See, you tempted fate by saying that it was silly to NOT make Sunday plans... Fate always wins!!

From the pictures, I'm guessing you dropped later than 39 weeks with Colin, since you look much smaller in P2, although I suppose it could be the angle. Good luck!

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

I guess all that walking yesterday helped the kick start of labor. Sorry you didn't get much rest...hoping you got a great night's rest yesterday and so so so happy for you, Sean, and Colin.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

i really enjoyed reading this after your text this morning. this little girl is trying to make a good impression by being so prompt :)

i can't wait to find out her name!

Kristeen said...

I just cried. Pathetic. But you just had a baby girl!!!

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you all...I too cannot wait for a name and a picture

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

my stalking behaviors are getting the BEST of me and I am simply jumping out of my skin waiting to hear the name......you can take your time in sharing but just wanted you to know I am filled with anxious butterflies to hear and may need some paxil---- =)