|Almost a smile|
Weight:11lbs 10 oz- 89th %ile
Height: 22 inches 59th%ile
Sleep: She is doing pretty well. On her best nights she sleeps about 5-6 hrs then 2-3 after that, but even on her worst nights she typically pulls off at least 4 hrs in the first shot. She also always goes right back to sleep after eating, only once has she decided to be awake for a while and that was because she went to sleep at 7pm instead of 9:30/10:30. Daytime naps are totally unpredictable but she generally does very well in the morning (sleeping for 1.5-2hrs at a time) but from 3:00 on she only sleeps about 40 minutes at a stretch, which isn't terrible either. She is having more quiet alert periods these days and is even preferring to put herself to sleep with just the pacifier sometimes. This child plays by a totally different set of rules.
|Profile: kissable cheeks!|
- Colin. Smiles are illusive right now but she will flash the for us, and often for Colin.
- The car seat: We have another excellent traveler on our hands! (Not that she has a choice) You strap her into that seat and out she goes! That is where she is now, still sleeping after picking up Colin from school (car seat doubles as stroller). Ahh! Two kids napping at once! WINNING! =)
- The high chair: The space saver high chair has a really deep recline to it so it lives on the kitchen table and she sits there while I'm doing things in the kitchen. She naps very well in this seat during the day.. oddly even though she sleeps great overnight in the bassinet she doesn't nap well in it.
- Daddy and Mommy: what baby doesn't?!
|For Aunt Sue.|
- Gas: She isn't terrible about gas because she is generally a very good 'burper' but she does have some issues between 7 and 10 in the am with intestinal gas issues as she attempts to clear the poop she has been saving up overnight.
- Being made to wait when she wants to eat: who likes that? Poor kid sometimes has to wait a minute or two while I deal with her older brother.
|I see you!|
New and Notable:
- Like I said before we are getting some social smiles but haven't caught the full smile on camera yet.
- Still tongue tied but it isn't interfering with eating so we are holding off for a few months before we get it clipped
- She is finally taking a pacifier with some regularity (Avent ones like the ones Colin used). It generally takes her about 30 seconds to latch on to it but she takes it so that makes our life easier.
- We haven't tried bottles yet but that is on the schedule, I just have to get everything sterilized for the first use. I really am looking forward to letting Colin try to feed her (although obviously not the first time we try it!) so hopefully that will get going soon.
|She wants to eat the tutu!|