Monday, March 19, 2012

Meghan is 7 months old.

Happy Monthiversary Meghan! Seven months, seven months, how has it been seven months?! (and check it out I'm on time!!)

Height:??
Weight: 18lbs 13 oz  (according to my lactation consultant friend's baby scale that she brought to a play date the other day..I have cool friends!)

Sleeping: We moved her to the crib and for the most part it was an easy transition. If Colin doesn't fall asleep right away he can make trouble for her, but she seems to enjoy being in the crib. At the very least she doesn't hate it. She will go into it not fully asleep and is happy to lay down, but I have yet to have success putting her down fully awake and have her go all the way to sleep by herself. She is still waking up 3 times at night to eat but I suspect this has more to do with her lack good nursing during the day. She is still napping three times a day  9ish, 12ish and 3ish with the first two about 50 minutes and the last one an hour or two. If its two hours she often wakes up in the middle and will either nurse or just cuddle and fall back to sleep. I often try to feed her right when she wakes up in order to maximize the amount of time before she gets too busy with life... Even sleepy she only will eat for 4-5 minutes.

Likes:
  • FOOD! Holy cow, I thought Colin liked food! Meghan is a huge fan of solid food, she has yet to fully refuse anything, bananas are the hardest sell. This last week she has tried avocado and cauliflower with good acceptance. Avocado she prefers mixed with pears to make it thinner and so far I've only tried cauliflower mixed with rice cereal but I doubt full strength will be a problem. Other food she likes include squash, broccoli, apples, corn, peas, mango, oatmeal, kiwi, pears, carrots and sweet potatoes. She has already moved up to 3 meals a day almost every day. She also really enjoys baby mum mums.
  • Paper. I don't know what the obsession is but the girl loves paper in all forms, and mostly likes to try to eat it any chance she gets. She isn't fully mobile yet but she surprises me how quickly she can get a piece of paper and get it in her mouth. Maintaining a baby proof environment with a preschooler around is a full time job.
  • Her father. Watching her face light up when she sees daddy come through the door after work melts my heart. 
  • Her brother. He continues to be her favorite. If that boy so much as whispers within 20 ft of her as she is trying to go to sleep, her eyes POP open and she searches for him. This makes putting her down for a nap very difficult unless Colin is fully cooperative, but most of the time he gets it. 
Dislikes:
  • Not being able to get to things she wants. She is days away from figuring out how to crawl and she gets so angry by her limitations. She reaches for things and typically ends up face planting from her efforts. I think she is just waiting for Daddy to get back in town before she hits this new milestone. 
  • Having things (paper or my phone mostly) taken from her. Temper temper on this one!! Holy cow. Its mostly a flash in the pan right now, but I'm not looking forward to how this grows as she gets bigger.

My head is ready to crawl but my body just won't cooperate!
New and Notable (I think I've mentioned everything already but to reiterate)
  • Temper temper!
  • New foods have been introduced and we are up to 3 meals a day. She is also eating mum mums, but can't work out getting puffs into her own mouth yet.
  • Moved to the crib. 
  • Nearly ready to crawl, she is on all fours and rocking, and she can move from sitting to a crawl position but typically rolls over from there. So far she doesn't seem to do much repetitive rolling as a form of locomotion.
She looks like me, but thankfully this child has her fathers taste buds!

4 comments:

Kristeen said...

She likes cauliflower over bananas? What? Are you sure? Maybe you should check again. That is not normal :)

her hair looks so red... I have my fingers crossed for strawberry blonde.

Kristy said...

She is my baby!

Anonymous said...

she is so expressive with her face.

Wow she is quite an eater.

Glad the transition to the crib has gone well. Gives me hope when it is our turn.

Elaine

Crystal said...

I love how she is obsessed with paper - cracks me up!