Tuesday, June 12, 2012

On my Reading list...





This book was mentioned in my Parents magazine this month and it is by my favorite author, who wrote The Happiest Baby on the Block. A book we would not have survived Colin's infancy without.  The few tips they gave in the magazine that are from the book really had me wishing I had this book before Meghan was born. Once again I feel into some sleep training failures that I could have avoided if I only knew!

For example, one of his suggestions is to respond to baby immediately when she wakes up crying, but provide loving care for one minute (rocking, cuddling etc) before offering to nurse... (I forget what age he suggested starting this at or if that was even mentioned)

If you are about to give birth (Elaine, Sarah...) I would really recommend checking this book out to see what he has to say! I obviously haven't read it yet but Elaine's comment made me think of it so I figured I would post the suggestion for all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds super. i will head to BnN tomorrow because Nolan can play at the train table and I can get a nice drink at Starbucks since today was my last school day. Since baby will be late I am sure I will have time to read it. Thanks for the recommendation. -Elaine

Crystal said...

I absolutely loved Happiest Baby on the Block. Nicholas is/was not colicky, but I just didn't know how to comfort him and was losing my mind trying to do it. This helped me tremendously and made me able to put him to sleep within 5 minutes. The best part? I didn't even get through the whole book, the half I read was more than enough. Incredibly useful and I recommend it to all my mom to be friends.

Anonymous said...

maybe i can get the audio book and then baby can also hear what he/she should be doing? ha ha ha-Elaine