Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

Some pics from our Fariytale Halloween Celebration. Unfortunately our neighborhood's Halloween Parade had to be canceled because the police department couldn't spare the personnel due to the storm. However, for the first time since we've lived here our building sent around flyers to put up to welcome trick or treaters so we took the kids around the building. They had a great time.  Here they are: Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf!

Combo Picture!
Little Red! She wasn't a huge fan of the cape, so the pics were a little hard to get. I made the cape out of fleece to keep her warm at the parade, when we ended up with all indoor activities it wasn't such a hit!
Hood up. The pinafore was my favorite part of the costume but I didn't think to take a picture with the cape off!
I was surprised how many people had trouble figuring out her costume! I thought this was a pretty well known character!
She ended up wearing her dress shoes that I bought for Christmas. Her feet are growing fast so I'm a little worried they won't fit her by Christmas so we at least got one use out of them.
The Big Bad Wolf! He really enjoyed his costume.. I didn't make the nose obviously, but I was hoping it would help make it obvious that it was a wolf. One person thought it was a dog, but most people got the big bad wolf thing, even without getting little red riding hood.
Poor guy was sweating like crazy by the time we finished.
Family Photo Op! My mom was visiting since Sean had been in Boston, so we had an extra set of hands to take a picture of all of us.
In the elevator between floors. Meghan loved picking her candy then blowing kisses to the home owners.
Colin had a great time. Unfortunately there was only about one or two people per floor participating, but Colin had a great time searching for the fliers. Since he has been out of school this week we made our own Treat Bags. He did most of the web (I drew  it out and he traced it with paint, then I added a second coat), we did the spider together.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Great job on the costumes Becky! Very impressive!

Crystal said...

The costumes are great - who doesn't know who little red riding hood is?? How odd! I wish I had known Sean was in Boston, maybe we could have made up. Looks like a great Halloween :)