Saturday, May 18, 2013

Meghan's First Haircut.

I did it! I finally took my baby to get her haircut. By some measures I am very early to cut her hair, and by others I am very late. Colin's hair grew in strangely so his first hair cut was at 10 months old, and they buzzed it and I was very sad that all his baby soft hair was gone. Meghan's hair grew in a little more traditionally so I never felt the same urgency to "fix" it. However after 3 or 4 months of having to fix her hair every day to pull the mountain of hair out of her eyes I finally figured cutting it had to be better than leaving it. That combined with the wedding she is going to be in and I was ready. I'm so glad I did! I skipped the child's salon and instead took her to my hair salon to a stylist that I knew and had discussed her hair with previously. It went great. Meghan was hesitant to sit in the chair by herself so I sat her on my lap and gave her Rosie and the pacifier and she just hung out while the stylist gave her the just a slight trim and shaping. If you didn't really know I had done it you probably wouldn't notice. Her curls are very forgiving. But in my eyes it looks so much neater, AND it looks neater from the moment she gets up without much tending to it! Added bonus, she doesn't complain about it being in her eyes anymore.  Here are the Before and After photos.

Before

After

After

After
I had a hard time capturing the after in one photo that gave an accurate representation of the cut. The biggest change is her "bangs" they still sweep to the side, but they are now short enough not to get in her eyes when they fall back across her face. I have not tried pigtails with this new cut yet so I'm not really sure if it will work with the short bangs. But the fact that it looks cute without constant maintenance is a big plus in my book. Hooray for making the right decision. 

On a sad note, while there wasn't much of a first lock to take home, the scraps she did give me wrapped in tin foil fell out of my pocket somewhere (womens pants and their shallow pockets!!). I'm trying not to be too bummed about it, I'll just have to save hair next time we get it cut. 

No comments: